Gwynne or Gwynneth - Who Remembers This "Chap"?

When I was in Cyprus, CREME didn't like me and I didn't like him. Pity that because he was a LtCol and I wasn't! I knew why he didn't like me - something to do with the wings. I just couldn't wotk out why I disliked him with a passion. Anyway, now I know:

.....she husks (her voice is surprisingly deep), "many people would have had no dialling tones on their phones on New Year's Day. Also, there would have been shortages in supermarkets because of glitches in the computers which monitor sell-by dates." Of course, the successful fruits of her labours in "orchestrating business to deal with the bug" suggest to the rest of us that there never was a problem. "I know," she says, fiddling with the cuff of her immaculate navy-blue suit, "but I'm afraid I've always been one for a poisoned chalice, which is how the Financial Times described this post. Whenever anybody says a job can't be done, I'll go for it. I don't believe that anything is impossible."

This might sound like the kind of thing all high-powered executives say, but in Flower's case it has an extra - bizarre - resonance. You see, when Flower, 62, says she believes in the "impossible", she is speaking from experience. Strange though it seems, the immaculate "Gwynneth" in front of me was invented only about 10 years ago. Until then, the person now known as Mrs Flower was Lieutenant-Colonel Gwynne Flower, a career officer in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers who, after 1980, worked for BP, Plessey and GEC Marconi as a senior member of their management boards and as an expert in electronic intelligence. Yup, Flower used to be a man. In fact, Flower fathered four children (three daughters and a son), lived in a £350,000 house in Fleet, Hampshire, with his wife, and has several granchildren. ....
http://votum.nl/leestafel/detailpages/ALL/78.html

He/she is going to be CO of the new 8Bn Reme, with Joe/Joanne Rushton as the RSM!

Makes you wonder what's in the water at Arborfield... it would go a long way to explaining the entire group of Tech tradepersons... we had one at 10AB in 91 who had breasts - something to do with his hormones, he got posted to 20Electonic Wksp aka wierdo central.

Rifleman69 said:
Bloody Hell fire - and damnation.
Er Rifleman69, is that an L42 A1 in your avater?
I have just been offered one complete in it's case for £3000.........................life's a sh1t!

I have worked with this chap...lady... on an IT project. Despite trying to extract some comments on her/his military past I could get nothing. It was an odd experience given that she towered over me as I only stand full height at 5'6 .... she had very larger hands and feet !

C

cloudbuster

I have worked with this chap...lady... on an IT project. Despite trying to extract some comments on her/his military past I could get nothing. It was an odd experience given that she towered over me as I only stand full height at 5'6 .... she had very larger hands and feet !
Did you get pulled?

When I was in Cyprus, CREME didn't like me and I didn't like him. Pity that because he was a LtCol and I wasn't! I knew why he didn't like me - something to do with the wings. I just couldn't wotk out why I disliked him with a passion. Anyway, now I know:
No, you've got it all wrong, no-one liked you :wink:

Fortunately not!!! Her size 12 stilettos were to scary

Latest Threads