GWB picks new Supreme Court candidate

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cheesypoptart, Oct 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How's about a link then cheesy love :roll:
  2. And even better no judicial record to rumage through, since she was never on the bench state or federal.

Will be interresting to se/hear these hearings :D
  3. By the way, I'm not an oxygen thief - just a new member whose donation has yet to feed through.
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

According to the website NeoConartist pointed me towards to get a glimmer of understanding about Iraq ( cheeky barsteward) her name is Harriet Miers:

-pic [​IMG]

sort of an insider then ?

Lee Shaver
  5. It's certainly going to be interesting. She has no body of opinion or scholarship in order to try and guess her views. Looks like the press (left and right) and the Senate staffs are going to be rummaging through her trash by morning. What form she has indicates that she is pretty independent and doesn't seem to have any strong connections to the GOP apart from the personal connection to Bush (She was his lawyer before he became governor). It is by no means unprecedented for a Supreme Court Justice to have have had no previous experience on the bench. Some 40-odd (out of 109) Supreme Court Justices (including Rehnquist) have been appointed without such experience.

Personally, I think that if the American Taleban are taking time from their preparations for The Rapture in order to throw their teddies about because of her nomination and not David Frum (the guy that gave the world the 'Axis of Evil' tag line) surely things can't be all bad?
  6. Hello everyone, I was searching the internet and stumbled across this thread, I'm not sure how old it is, BUT this is a picture of Us Senator Zell Miller.... Mild mannered politician, or sith lord? I'll you decide, and for the record, I photoshoped a picture of him over the Emperor himself, so you can see the similarties. Enjoy.