GW2 cancelled as Kate Adie quits

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pte_S_Baldrick, Jan 30, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just herd on the news Kate Adie has quit. So I guess the war is over before it starts then, ???
  2. At least she'll be able to get life insurance now
  3. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I had lunch with here moons back Just after the first Iraqi war , what a smashing gal. I asked how she got on with the ordinary toms rather than the generals and diplomats. There followed 20 minutes of brilliant stories !
    She believed that the British Soldier is actually more politically aware than most other countries . Especially after she was told by a few of them that after sorting Iraqi out they should turn around and drive through Saudi !!
    I fell in Love with her that day and I regret that I never got a photo of us together.

mind you .... you know its a hard pub when you see HER working the door .
  4. I was told she was a pig ignorant ****.
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Not at all, she's a grand lass. Certainly fought her corner in Bosnia and ours.

Kate Adie photo - James Mason photos at

and was on great form at the National Memorial Arboretum a couple of years back.

It is true, though, when she rolled up in the armoured BBC lanny (I forget the pet name for it), you knew something was about to kick off.
  6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I met her a few years ago when she stood in at short notice to give a fundraising talk for SSAFA. Told us to 'Go away' when asked how much her travel costs were and paid her own hotel bill.
    Highly amusing talk as well.
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

This must be a record: The revival of a 7 years and 9 1/2 months old thread.
  8. Nothing like throwing down the gauntlet, BA.
  9. At least they used the search function :)