Guy Gibsons Dog

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS look what happened when that teacher named a teddy bear!

Oh for a minute I thought you were about to say "Niggers dead, Sir. Niggers dead"

What has this got to do with Nigger?

or

his owner Guy Gibson VC, DFC, DSO 1 bar?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Guy Gibson never had Rhino did he?

If he did, there'd never have been the cry "It's Nigger Sir, he's dead!"

it'd be: "It's Nigger Sir, he's wrecked 3 trucks, 4 Lancasters and the Mess Anteroom, and he's sh@t all over the lawn, the road, the runway and assorted WAAFs"

Legs said:
Guy Gibson never had Rhino did he?

If he did, there'd never have been the cry "It's Nigger Sir, he's dead!"

it'd be: "It's Nigger Sir, he's wrecked 3 trucks, 4 Lancasters and the Mess Anteroom, and he's sh@t all over the lawn, the road, the runway and assorted WAAFs"
He certainly is dead, here's his grave!

Attachments

chocolate_frog said:
What has this got to do with Nigger?
or
his owner Guy Gibson VC, DFC, DSO 1 bar?
the news story nothing, the thread title everything.

What we need to establish here is:

A: Has Fingers attached the wrong news article?
B: Has Fingers labeled the thread incorrectly?
C: This belongs in the ARRSEHole?
D: Who cares it could be amusing!

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Bet they are glad they didn't have to bury the Rhino.

Why would Kofi Annan be considered an offensive name if it were used for an animal in this country? Calling a baby giraffe at London Zoo Hubert Dangleberry-Cuntflaps would be much more offensive.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Bat_Crab said:
Why would Kofi Annan be considered an offensive name if it were used for an animal in this country? Calling a baby giraffe at London Zoo Hubert Dangleberry-Cuntflaps would be much more offensive.
I think it would be a great honour,

Yours

Hubert Dangleberry-Cnutflaps III

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Guy Gibson's dog wasnt called Nigger, he was called Niger. Its a well known historical typo.

Guy Gibson named his dog after a river in Africa. Because his curly tail reminded him of the map of the river Niger, OK?

And not because the dog was black as the ace of spades.

I find it highly offensive that they've called it Kofi when there are far more appropriate names out there

Gordon, Prescott, Cheri...

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Isnt Kofi a kind of yoghurt found in the middle east?

Jesus, if we werent all bending over backwards to appease our East facing bretheren we could have called the creature Muller Lite Strawberry. Which would have been much better.

Who doesnt like strawberries?

Wasn't there a couple of animals (can't remember type) in London Zoo called Charles & Diana? I wasn't offended until a French bloke asked if he could take the female one on a tour of the Paris Perifique in a Merc.

In the remake of the film they are going to change the dog's name as some people have found the original offensive.

Apparently 'coon' is a good name for a labrador. :twisted:

That really grips me. I am outraged!! If the word Nigger was acceptable back then, then don't fcuk about with history. We are intelligent enough now to know that the word is no longer acceptable in conversation, rightly so, but this retro-fixing of history really piXXes me off. Sorry ranting history student!!

mad_collie said:
In the remake of the film they are going to change the dog's name as some people have found the original offensive.

Can't find the reference, but I think this was a vicious rumour.

Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
Wasn't there a couple of animals (can't remember type) in London Zoo called Charles & Diana? I wasn't offended until a French bloke asked if he could take the female one on a tour of the Paris Perifique in a Merc.
The first Giraffe to be brought to a European zoo was stuffed (after death) and was in a museum in Verdun.

During the siege some Poilus took it to the front line where, to amuse the Germans, they raised it out of the trench and pretended to look down into the German trench. IIRC it got shot to fcuk.

Bat_Crab said:
mad_collie said:

Can't find the reference, but I think this was a vicious rumour.
As vicious as a rottweiller. :D

But it would be funny watching Guy Gibson walking around in the remake shouting 'Coon, here boy'.