Guy Gibson's Dog Renamed in Dambusters Remake

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jun 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Could they not call it Wog the Dog then?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

oh come on thats just too much, whats wrong with calling the dog Nigger, Digger is offensive to australians.

Okay compromise how about Black Bastard? dog is black and unlikely to know its father sorted.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Didn't Biggles have a black dog that would also have been called Digger in a modern remake?
  5. Nig Nog, the big black dog?

Revisionist history by the PC Brigade. His dog was called Nigger and no amount of leftist apologism will change that!
    • Like Like x 10
  6. Lets just see if it is suddenly an American raid with B17s instead or the American audience may not get the film.......
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Why not just call it Fido!! That'll stop any gnashing of dentures.
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I cant wait for the bridge on the river kwai remake set in Korea
  9. HoHum, frankly could care less about the Mission since the dams were repaired and electrical power restored within 2 weeks. You were pretty good at Killing friendly POW's (749 French, Dutch, Ukrainian, Belgians )though.
  10. All for the greater good my old fruit, a bit like precision bombing of most of Europe I suppose...
  11. fucking PC wallahs trying to change history so it doesn't offend. Fuck them.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. first two police dogs in the met were black labs

nigger & smudge
  13. I just wish they had practiced on Glasgow instead of some loch out in the oulu
    • Like Like x 1
  14. We could all just not bother with it and watch the original... I wonder who they intend to play the lead.. Some one English maybe..
    • Like Like x 1