Guy Gibson and his dog on ITV4

Dambusters on telly now…

Racist begger keeps calling his black dog nigger!

Must be because he's on that chavvy ITV, he's far better behaved when he's on Channel 4, calls his dog trigger on there.

you won't find it in the offical history(anymore) but the first two trained dogs the met police had were two black labs called nigger and smudge

Dambusters on telly now…

Must be because he's on that chavvy ITV, he's far better behaved when he's on Channel 4, calls his dog trigger on there.
Oh dear how politically uncorrect of him, better get out the smelling salts for all the usual handwringers, they'll be having seizures and writing letters to complain about his bigoted attitude!
Mind you I can remember the Golliwogs on the jam jar labels, how bad was that and wasn't there a play called 10 little nigger boys, not forgetting the black & white minstrel show! tut tut :-(

Not forgetting the Crayola nigger brown.

Whats going to happen when he blows the dam and starts calling the sucess signal for the breach of the EDER DAM. Wasnt that when he kept shouting " NIGER NIGGER " over the airwaves?

Whats going to happen when he blows the dam and starts calling the sucess signal for the breach of the EDER DAM. Wasnt that when he kept shouting " NIGER NIGGER " over the airwaves?
Well in the remake, Nigger is going to be replaced by Nigsy its being reported.

Doesn't quite have the same ring biggles staring heroically out the window yelling NIGSY! NIGSY! into the speak machine.

Well in the remake, Nigger is going to be replaced by Nigsy its being reported.
No need. So long as he also has a Golden Retriever called "Honky" the director will have embraced diversity. Can't wait to see who else is in the cast.

Guy Gibson - Tom Cruise
Mrs Gibson - Katie Price
BBC Home Service Announcer - Rastamouse
Dr Barnes Wallis - Morgan Freeman
Mrs Wallis - Morgan Fairchild
Nigger the Dog - Kuffur the Dog
Cpl Jock B'stard (Gibson's batman) - Jim Devine MP (Note: Unavailable for about 2 years after next month)
Air Chief Marshall Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris - Abu Hamza

No need. So long as he also has a Golden Retriever called "Honky" the director will have embraced diversity. Can't wait to see who else is in the cast.

Guy Gibson - Tom Cruise
Mrs Gibson - Katie Price
BBC Home Service Announcer - Rastamouse
Dr Barnes Wallis - Morgan Freeman
Mrs Wallis - Morgan Fairchild
Nigger the Dog - Kuffur the Dog
Cpl Jock B'stard (Gibson's batman) - Jim Devine MP (Note: Unavailable for about 2 years after next month)
Air Chief Marshall Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris - Abu Hamza

Graham Norton as the Rear Gunner crew member

Oh dear how politically uncorrect of him, better get out the smelling salts for all the usual handwringers, they'll be having seizures and writing letters to complain about his bigoted attitude!
Mind you I can remember the Golliwogs on the jam jar labels, how bad was that and wasn't there a play called 10 little nigger boys, not forgetting the black & white minstrel show! tut tut :-(

Any racist overtones were completely lost on me when I read the following as a child. I also had a fine collection of Golliwog badges.

Little Black Sambo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THE END

Proper film like we used to make, lots of dead germans.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Dambusters on telly now…

The dog in the film was actually an RAF Police Dog called .......Nigger
There is a photo of Richard Todd sittying on a chair with his name on it and the dog in a chair with Nigger written on it

I was actually taught at school
Eeny meeny miny mo catch a nigger by the toe
If he squeals let him go

Far better than ip dip dog shit - you could get slapped for using offensive langauge

Who remembers Nigger and Mutley in Girwood park, Belfast?
I remember Mutley very well in the early ninties! A cracking little fella hard as nails who used to keep the local muts in check if they went for any of the boys on foot patrol. He used to come up and kip in our room occasionally. Only a small dog but with the bollocks and attitude of a lion.

My copy looked like this, illustrated by the author, with a Tamil child.

When doing a google search image for the above, look what else appeared. That wasn't on our book shelf. I wonder why? :)

Is it right that there is a remake of the Dambusters in the pipeline and if there is, will history be rewritten regarding the dog's name?

Not exactly removed for PC reasons.
The story behind it was to do with inter clan feuding (Clan Robertson)

Is it right that there is a remake of the Dambusters in the pipeline and if there is, will history be rewritten regarding the dog's name?
I think that if the septics are involved in any way with a remake there will be many more fundamental changes to the facts other than Nigger's name .... and he / it will probably be called Lassie ... and the film will be called " Lassie's adventure with big dumps and puddles in Germany " .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scarletto The NAAFI Bar 103
Mr_Fingerz The NAAFI Bar 279
F The NAAFI Bar 27