Guy Gibson and his dog on ITV4

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunoficarus, Feb 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dambusters on telly now…

Racist begger keeps calling his black dog nigger!

Must be because he's on that chavvy ITV, he's far better behaved when he's on Channel 4, calls his dog trigger on there.
  2. I'm watching it too.
  3. you won't find it in the offical history(anymore) but the first two trained dogs the met police had were two black labs called nigger and smudge
  4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Who remembers Nigger and Mutley in Girwood park, Belfast?
  5. Nigger doens't come back he gets chopped by a car
  6. Oh dear how politically uncorrect of him, better get out the smelling salts for all the usual handwringers, they'll be having seizures and writing letters to complain about his bigoted attitude!
    Mind you I can remember the Golliwogs on the jam jar labels, how bad was that and wasn't there a play called 10 little nigger boys, not forgetting the black & white minstrel show! tut tut :-(
  7. Not forgetting the Crayola nigger brown.
  8. Whats going to happen when he blows the dam and starts calling the sucess signal for the breach of the EDER DAM. Wasnt that when he kept shouting " NIGER NIGGER " over the airwaves?
  9. Well in the remake, Nigger is going to be replaced by Nigsy its being reported.

Doesn't quite have the same ring biggles staring heroically out the window yelling NIGSY! NIGSY! into the speak machine.
  10. No need. So long as he also has a Golden Retriever called "Honky" the director will have embraced diversity. Can't wait to see who else is in the cast.

Guy Gibson - Tom Cruise
    Mrs Gibson - Katie Price
    BBC Home Service Announcer - Rastamouse
    Dr Barnes Wallis - Morgan Freeman
    Mrs Wallis - Morgan Fairchild
    Nigger the Dog - Kuffur the Dog
    Cpl Jock B'stard (Gibson's batman) - Jim Devine MP (Note: Unavailable for about 2 years after next month)
    Air Chief Marshall Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris - Abu Hamza

11. Graham Norton as the Rear Gunner crew member

12. Any racist overtones were completely lost on me when I read the following as a child. I also had a fine collection of Golliwog badges.

Little Black Sambo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  13. THE END

Proper film like we used to make, lots of dead germans.
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The dog in the film was actually an RAF Police Dog called .......Nigger
    There is a photo of Richard Todd sittying on a chair with his name on it and the dog in a chair with Nigger written on it

I was actually taught at school
    Eeny meeny miny mo catch a nigger by the toe
    If he squeals let him go

Far better than ip dip dog shit - you could get slapped for using offensive langauge
  15. I remember Mutley very well in the early ninties! A cracking little fella hard as nails who used to keep the local muts in check if they went for any of the boys on foot patrol. He used to come up and kip in our room occasionally. Only a small dog but with the bollocks and attitude of a lion.