Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Tom19, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im a VMB being posted to gutersloh 26regt in a few months anybody been there?
    Im in mansergh Barracks whats that like and wats there to do over there?
  2. Well it's close to the Autobahn, not too far from town, but the opposite side of town from the Education Centre in PRB, so you'll have to travel a bit to improve your spelling, use of capitals and punctuation.

3. its a good camp and there is an excellent gym
  4. Good camp, better than PRB anyway!

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The town is wank! Give me Fally anyday!
  6. Used to be based there with 47 Regt RA way back in 84-88. Back then the town was a gas!!! Had some great times there. I also liked the fact that as a football fan i could get to many Bundesliga teams within 2 hrs, Bielefeld! (Die Alm) Now the Schuco Arena!!! Dortmund,Schalke, Koln,Hanover. Camp is close to Autobahn so easy in and out for travel, you are on a main rail line if you use the train and many airports within easy reach. I would suggest that rather than rush home every leave, long weekend etc you get your arse in gear and travel around Europe it is the place to do it from. I am sure if you e-mailed the HIVE they would be able to forward ou any info they have on the place now. I enjoyed it for many a year and i believe you get out of it what you put into it, I joined a local Football team, tried the lingo and travelled widely with them and DSC Arminia fan club.
  7. Used to be in LAD about 2 yrs ago. LAD is top notch the regiment is ok take a spare liver you will need it for after the bar which is in the loft of the block.