Discussion in 'REME' started by Tom19, Oct 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im being posted to Gutersloh with 26REGT RA and was wondering if anybody had any info on it. e.g accomadation, Nightlife ect.....
  2. Gutersloh is great.
  3. Why?
  4. Are you single or married?
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Are you on the pull again?
  6. Single
  7. Are they still in Mansergh Barracks?
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

9. Rumour has it (I was there at Kings school at the time) that when they 1st rolled an AS90 into the barracks it went through the old cobbled road into a sewer below? Any truth in this?
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Havn't heard that one, I'll ask about.
  11. It was the word on the street ;)
  12. One reasonable club in the form of 'Four Rooms' although military often find it hard to get in. Plenty of Bars in town that are open until late and offer loads of opportunities. However, the best thing about Germany is the opportunity go go any where you fancy in Europe for the weekend. The nightlife then becomes your oyster. With Amsterdam 3 hours drive. Berlin 4 hours drive.

Not sure what Mansergh is like, as was down the road at PRB.
  13. nah load of rubbish, i was there the day they arrived, although they did tear up the cobbles all over the camp as did M109 before them!

26 Regt was a good regt when i was there and it was a great Wksp.

Gutersloh is a great place too, just stay away from Club 47 in PRB and Sammies bar.
  14. 26 = great
    Mansergh = great
    Gutersloh = great
    Everythings great

p.s. try the Red Shield when you get there - I think thats great too, but I'm biased
  15. i was there in the early eighties, along with 47 reg. lad bar was the place to be, it went through more herfy than the whole camp week in week out, the town was nice too!