Book Reviewer
smudge67 said:
Are you single or married?
Are you on the pull again?

B_AND_T said:
smudge67 said:
Are they still in Mansergh Barracks?
Yep!
Rumour has it (I was there at Kings school at the time) that when they 1st rolled an AS90 into the barracks it went through the old cobbled road into a sewer below? Any truth in this?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Havn't heard that one, I'll ask about.

One reasonable club in the form of 'Four Rooms' although military often find it hard to get in. Plenty of Bars in town that are open until late and offer loads of opportunities. However, the best thing about Germany is the opportunity go go any where you fancy in Europe for the weekend. The nightlife then becomes your oyster. With Amsterdam 3 hours drive. Berlin 4 hours drive.

Not sure what Mansergh is like, as was down the road at PRB.

smudge67 said:
B_AND_T said:
smudge67 said:
Are they still in Mansergh Barracks?
Yep!
Rumour has it (I was there at Kings school at the time) that when they 1st rolled an AS90 into the barracks it went through the old cobbled road into a sewer below? Any truth in this?
nah load of rubbish, i was there the day they arrived, although they did tear up the cobbles all over the camp as did M109 before them!

26 Regt was a good regt when i was there and it was a great Wksp.

Gutersloh is a great place too, just stay away from Club 47 in PRB and Sammies bar.

26 = great
Mansergh = great
Gutersloh = great
Everythings great

p.s. try the Red Shield when you get there - I think thats great too, but I'm biased

i was there in the early eighties, along with 47 reg. lad bar was the place to be, it went through more herfy than the whole camp week in week out, the town was nice too!

I was there when the AS90 arrived and it did not go through the road.

Sammies and Club 47 were awsome as is the Keller bar in town.

I had a great time with 26 and made some good mates.

Sammies is now a restaurant (called Phoenix), Business went down hill after a soldier was hit by a car and killed out side of it. (mainly because we were all banned)
The Bop is bonk compared to what it used to be, Its nowhere near as popular as it was.
The Red shield has fallen to PAYD (also bonk)
Even the rock palace has gone.
Most of the accomodation is Z-type
The train service is good and is worth using for weekend trips all over the place.
Tax free fags, booze and car.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DannyBoy AGC, RAPTC and SASC 6
extankie AGC, RAPTC and SASC 9
Hitlerwasabitnaughty Jobs (Discussion) 0