Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by extankie, Oct 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been posted to Gutersloh recently. Im off there in Jan/Feb 06 and was wondering what it is like ie. Pad quarters etc.
    Any info would be appreciated good or bad.
  2. depends what regt you are posted to and what rank you are (although quarters are not rank ranged apparantly) just about all Cpl's and below and a majority of Sgt's can expect a flat and all above that usually get a house, if you get offered Blankenhagen or Commenius and come from an under priveledged background of council estates and squaller then you will love it, otherwise tell the SSO to ram it and you expect bare minimum of Bielefeld Quelle, Avenwedde or Harsewinkel. If you cant drive there are quarters opposite camp but these are for officers only which makes all the sense in the world!!!!!!!!!!! let me know what rank and corps you are and i can give you less sarcastic info.
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I've been to Gut a few times while in the RAF & the facilities there are quite good back in the day.If my old mans memoryis correct,it's in the middle of no where!
  4. Princess Royal Barracks (RLC and AAC) is about 4 km outside town. Mansergh Bks (RA) is about 1.5 km ootside, but opposite end of town. There are Quarters all over of varying standards, looks like laughinboy might be able to help you there!
  5. Why's that then? Are officers born with a silver driving licence in their mouths?
  6. It may be a throw back to the days when the crabs owned 'PRB'. Having the occifers close to the airfield meant they could leap in their shiny Lightnings and dirty Harriers pretty darn quick should Crazy Ivan come pouring over the IGB. Just a thought.

PS Gut is a fine place to be stationed. Nice town, good location (fairly central to most things in Northern Germany) and not too far from the Dutch border. The only things that spoil it is it's full of chav truck drivers and lezzas that look like Gazza. ;)
  7. ^Couldn't agree more.
  8. That NAAFI queue is an eye opener. Try walking about PRB at night for the full effect. It's an experience.

9. And you Flash, would know all about them
  10. Extankie, stop worrying about your next posting, and make sure you're on time for shift in the morning!