Gurus new steed

Still got the Gixxer 750 K6, but I picked up a new F800GS last week.

Been commuting for a week on it now, and it is a great bike. It is only 5bhp down on the 1150GS, but a LOT lighter. My commute time is no longer, and it is 30pc better on fuel. Great for slicing through the traffic.

I have a car too thanks, Poindexter.

Cars aren't really practical for getting to the middle of London, what with the traffic, the congestion charge and the parking fees. Riding the bike costs 130 quid a month. My train ticket would cost 300.

It weighs 178kgs dry. It is the most beautifully balanced bike that I have ridden.

Er...didn't you used to take the p1ss out of my Beemer? Is this a "Road to Damascus" conversion? Seriously though...it's a good looking machine...

Schleswig-Holstein said:
Wanty wanty....

last bike was a transalp, until some little Burnage tw@ robbed it...

My last bike was a B40,nobody stole that,Iwonder why?.Seriously its a nice bike guru

Infiltrator said:
Er...didn't you used to take the p1ss out of my Beemer? Is this a "Road to Damascus" conversion? Seriously though...it's a good looking machine...
Thats because a 650 single warranted the p1ss taking out of it.

As I said, I still have the Gixxer,because you won't get your missus to get me a Blade at half price.

207kg kerb weight? Does that mean that you have to always ride with a passenger to help you pick it up at traffic lights etc.? ;)

Jealousy will get me nowhere........

Seriously nice bike them colours or what

207Kgs isn't that heavy.

And it feels lighter than my Gixxer.

Prefer my boxer GS, only 255Kg, however I do fancy the 1200, only 199Kg and 100bhp, keeps the shaft drive too. F800 does look good though...

Ah bike thread!!

I'm normally a 900 ninja bloke but I need to identify a crosser/other bike to strap on the back of my camper

Its gotta be cheap reliable have a bit of go and offroad capable, light enought to strap on back of van but big enough to carry me round ( 6'4 17 stone) at a reasonable lick

Did i say cheap and has to look funky too, enough details LOL

I have no idea what I need and no knowledge of the this class of bikes

cheers

might have to start another thread :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thread_Bear REME 40
choff Royal Signals 24
N Weapons, Equipment & Rations 9