gurkhas

#1
alright chaps,

i am at the beginning of my sandhurst application, and am keen to join the gurkhas. however, could someone explain to me what the likelihood is that they will indeed be disbanded-as is being discussed by the gov.

if the go head to disband them happens-is this immediate?
lets say i pass out from sandhurst into RGR and a cple of years later they are disbanded...where would that leave the officers in terms of their position within in the army?

on one of the forms it asks, if know, to list your 3 choice regiments. would you say in this situation its best to leave this blank?

appreciate it, thanks
 
#2
Francis - how do you spell "Journalist"? ;-)
 
#4
I've obviously missed something, who said the Gurkhas were getting disbanded?

Last thing I heard about the Gurkhas was the Taliban are terrified of them. ICOM chatter reveals they don't like the 'men with knives'.
 
#5
good point jim cheers....but ive done some resarch and the gov simply doesnt want to/cant play for gurkha pensions-seems a solid reason-although i could give a hundred more areas to take money from to fund this.

fifth columnist- who gives a s*hit if i dont use capital litters or i abbreviate in a post, on a casual forum. you think il write like this in my essays? f*cking curtain twitcher
 
#6
Could you give us a link to this information.
 
#8
#9
The argument seems a little weak. It costs no more to look after Gurkhas than it does other service personnel.

As for the 50,000 possibly entering the Country, it is but small fry compared to the low lifes that are allowed to squeeze in, and at least Jonny G has earned his right to be here, and bring his family if he desires.
 
#11
francis666 said:
im sure its the british gov, as it pays the pensions
Its the Nepalese goverment as A: they don't want the citizens being hired as mercenerys and B: Now that Ghurkas can live in the UK they won't being seeing any of the pension money going into their economy.
 
#12
francis666 said:
good point jim cheers....but ive done some resarch and the gov simply doesnt want to/cant play for gurkha pensions-seems a solid reason-although i could give a hundred more areas to take money from to fund this.

fifth columnist- who gives a s*hit if i dont use capital litters or i abbreviate in a post, on a casual forum. you think il write like this in my essays? f*cking curtain twitcher
It's about first impressions.
 
#13
fluffer said:
francis666 said:
good point jim cheers....but ive done some resarch and the gov simply doesnt want to/cant play for gurkha pensions-seems a solid reason-although i could give a hundred more areas to take money from to fund this.

fifth columnist- who gives a s*hit if i dont use capital litters or i abbreviate in a post, on a casual forum. you think il write like this in my essays? f*cking curtain twitcher
It's about first impressions.
and what sort of a first impression is a snail on a nipple?
 
#15
francis666 said:
good point jim cheers....but ive done some resarch and the gov simply doesnt want to/cant play for gurkha pensions-seems a solid reason-although i could give a hundred more areas to take money from to fund this.

fifth columnist- who gives a s*hit if i dont use capital litters or i abbreviate in a post, on a casual forum. you think il write like this in my essays? f*cking curtain twitcher
dont leesten geez there all speling & gramer nazis here.hoo usiz proper english this days
 
#16
francis666 said:
alright chaps,

i am at the beginning of my sandhurst application, and am keen to join the gurkhas. however, could someone explain to me what the likelihood is that they will indeed be disbanded-as is being discussed by the gov.

if the go head to disband them happens-is this immediate?
lets say i pass out from sandhurst into RGR and a cple of years later they are disbanded...where would that leave the officers in terms of their position within in the army?

on one of the forms it asks, if know, to list your 3 choice regiments. would you say in this situation its best to leave this blank?

appreciate it, thanks
It would leave them as British Army Officers who could then transfer to another Arm or Service with the reserved pension rights they have already earned.

However do try and spell properly and use correct grammer and sintacks!
 
#17
#18
f666, re OP.

If you join a Regt that then closes down, well, you have to find yourself a new capbadge.

This could be another Inf Bn or a Corps.

This is probably what all the officers and men did in the other Bns and Regts that have shut down over the years. You can sometimes find an officer who has rebadged at some point.

Re Gurkhas... last I heard in the news they were expanding.
 
#19
look...the point of the forum is for advice, not a bloody english lesson. if some people want to get their knickers in a twist because i didnt use capital letters, and abbreviated government as gov-thats f*cked up
 
#20
francis666 said:
look...the point of the forum is for advice, not a bloody english lesson. if some people want to get their knickers in a twist because i didnt use capital letters, and abbreviated government as gov-thats f*cked up
You say you want to go to Sandhurst?
Lose the attitude.
 

Latest Threads

Top