Gurkhas; what do they have to do to join the TA?

There are no Gurkha TA units. But there are plenty of former Regular Gurkhas, and a fair few TA units.
All to do with the new TACOS. There are no Gurkha TA Units, but a Gurkha who has passed certain criteria and has residency in UK can join the TA. Ask HQBG for chapter and verse: 01980 67 8567
No it's not. Unless I've missed something and all Gurkhas have suddenly been lobotomised by the MOD.
1RGR was the unit hit today
I heard there was talk of a Gurkha ta unit setting up. But it was squashed because most Gurkha's work shifts so its hard for them to get in on a regular basis.
Ex-Gurkhas must have:
Served at least 4 years reckonable service in the Regular Army.
Resided in the UK (including BFPO addresses) for a minimum of 5 years.
Been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK - issued by the Home Office’s United Kingdom Border Agency.

Any qualifying ex-Gurkha will have the opportunity to:
Seek part-time employment in a local TA unit.
Apply for Additional Duties Commitments (ADC) providing he has a reserve liability. Be able to apply for a Full Time Reserve Service (FTRS) commitment providing he has a reserve liability.
Volunteer for mobilisation for operational service.

I showed ABN 05/09 to a Gurkha in Feb 09, he was coming to the end of 24 years (QGO) and jumped at the opportunity to move his skills across to the TA – and why not?
One of my colour boys is a Gurkha and I'm T.A
Yeeesssss...but what has that got to do with my post? Or are you seriously suggesting that a remark about a Gurkha needing a lobotomy before he would join the TA is in some way linked to today's deaths in Afghanistan?
don't know, ask gremlin
My current SuT cadre has two ex-Gurkhas; I'm keen to find out how to get more of these excellent soldiers to join my Company.
Go to any local gurkha unit and get in touch with the resettlement cell. If they transfer direct reg to TA, they keep their vetting/SC which should assist employment prospects