Gurkhas train for Helmand

Ministry of Defence said:
A group of Gurkha soldiers have transformed themselves from logisticians into infantrymen in readiness for a deployment to Afghanistan.

More...

My understanding was that all the Ghurkas did CIC prior to joining one of the technical corps (and the RLC..........), although I do stand to be corrected.

My understanding was that all the Ghurkas did CIC prior to joining one of the technical corps (and the RLC..........), although I do stand to be corrected.
According to this web page that is correct:

Gurkha Training - British Army Website

Recruits joining The Brigade of Gurkhas also undergo their initial training at ITC Catterick, with a combined Phase 1 and Phase 2 Combat Infantryman's Course.

Gurkha Company at ITC Catterick is part of the 2nd Infantry Training Battalion (2ITB). Its mission is to mould Nepalese youths into trained soldiers who will live up to the traditions of the Brigade of Gurkhas.

Selection takes place in Nepal, but competition is fierce: only 230 Trainee Riflemen are recruited each year from approximately 17,000 applicants.

The Combat Infantryman's Course - Gurkha runs from January to October. It addresses a range of areas; Brigade ethos, language training, cultural training, career management and trade selection, as well as the same 26-week Combat Infantryman's Course that the Line Infantry receive.

It is the Company's responsibility to ensure that training is conducted in the right, relevant and realistic manner. This enables the trained Gurkha soldiers to fulfil their roles on operations, continuing the great traditions of their forefathers.

Gurkha training lasts for 37 weeks and includes the following:

Combat Infantryman's Course - Gurkha
Cultural Orientation Programme
English Language Training

All this training takes place at ITC Catterick.

Yes... but those that join the RLC don't do any infantry career courses, and their officers are RLC officers. The unit/sub unit will need to train/re-role for use as anything other than an RLC unit/sub unit.