Gurkhas Settling in the UK experience diffculties

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bradstyley, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC NEWS

Its a damn shame when some poor fcuker ends up sleeping on a park bench and not eating after just 5 days...

2. Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.

And its pretty p*ss poor if you arrive without having made any plans.

3. Do yourself a favour fellas - stay in Nepal. Nicer people, better scenery, less crime, better food, and a government that won't put foreign immigrants ahead of you. If they let me live there, I'd be over like a shot. Jai Nepal!

4. It is a bit mental to move to a different continent without planning out what you're going to do when you get there! Logically, the individual has to take responsibility for what happens to himself, but emotionally its a bit sh1t that when we already have some ex-soldiers sleeping rough and are importing more fellas who might end up the same way.

5. TBH, it looks like an attempt by the BBC to start their own O*****e Bus with the bit at the end asking "are you a Gurkha, and do you have anything to say" box. Ex soldiers living on the streets? Not new. But Gurkhas? Well, they've got a picture of St Joanna of Lumley to add credence, so it must be news....

Edited to say "what he said".

6. So the BBC can spin it anyway they want.....

7. It wouldn't surprise me if this story was found to be a load of b*****ks, government spin at it's finest, the Labour party trying to discredit Ms Lumly

8. My arse! They'll be happy as Larry with a pub featuring ropey old strippers to sit in and a few fruities to play on.

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Can't imagine Paul Cummings saying something not true.

10. If I read it right he quotes 12 cases, hardly a deluge, that the BBC are implying

11. My Bold.

The land of Milk and Honey eh?

12. excatly!
    Thats the sort of person we dont want (gurkha or not) ... a shame cause all the one's i have had the pleasure of serving with dont seem like this person at all

13. How much does he think his benefits will be???!

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I thought the bbc also mentioned that unscrupulous persons were taking money from these Gurkhas to bring them to the UK, in the belief that preparations were being made for them, only to find when they get here that this is not the case.

I'd be happy to book a seat on that particular outrage bus.

15. You total mong!

The democracy in Nepal is being usurped by Marxists.
    They intimidate and kill people who stand up to them.

I had to send one of my workers home, his family were being targeted for extortion by government thugs.

Our lot are happy to ignore it.

Do a bit of research before you spout off.