Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by General_Layabout, Mar 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great news that the Gurkhars are going to finally get the pension they deserve. They have always served with distinction & then been shit on when they leave.
  2. and now what about the rest of us?
  3. So THAT'S how You spell Gurkhas
  4. Ain't got clue I don't read Urdu or Guderati or what ever it is :frustrated:
  5. It shows!
  6. Nepali even, or Gurkhali at a push
  7. If you want to know how to spell Gurkha, DON'T ask a Microsoft Word Spell Checker.

Anyway, when we had four regiments, even they couldn't agree how to spell the word!
  8. Agree with that. The spell and grammar checker an fcuking clue has not.

The good news isn't quite as good as it could be as it only affects those that left after 1997. So that's approx 22,000 who dip out.
  9. This pension issue only goes back to 1997 a lot of the little guys will still be without a pension increase.Typical MoD and typical New Labour!
  10. Good for the gurkhas. Now I'm looking forward to seeing how much pension I get for my 9 years with the STAB's ho ho
  11. Says in todays Torygraph that they'll soon be recruiting women into the Gurkhas, but only in non Inf trades.

I'm all for it. Now the Gurkhas will find out what we've had to put up with since the demise of the WRAC.

Not be so smiley then lads, will you?