Gurkha spirit triumphs in siege of Nawzad

Discussion in 'Gurkhas' started by Random_Task, Oct 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gurkha spirit triumphs in siege of Nawzad
    Telegraph Link
    here
    Obviously know their history out in the 'stans! :D

[​IMG]

2. Shabash!

retread2

3. Excellent quotes from young Gurkha and their OC

"For the first five minutes under fire I was just so frightened," said Tkam Paha Dur, a 19-year-old Gurkha rifleman, to the amusement of his comrades."After that it became just like a live firing exercise."

"I said 'you have two paths here. If the attacks continue you will suffer. We are being restrained. We take no pleasure in this. We are here to help you if you want a better life. It is in your hands.' "

4. With the Taliban closer than 50 yards, Rifleman Nabin Rai, 20, manning a heavy machinegun on the roof, had several rounds ricochet off his weapon before a bullet went through the gunsight and hit him in the face.

"His commander called for him to be medi-vacced out, but he refused to come down from the roof," said Major Rex. "Later he was again hit, this time in the helmet. He sat down and had a cigarette, then went back to his position."

Cool as fukc!

5. Doesn't he realise how dangerous smoking is??

Ayo Gurkhali!

6. What a bloody good article. Well done the Ghurkas!

7. 2 up and bags of smoke... well done fellas!

8. Nails!!! Now if we can only get them to wear jeans, march out of step and be lazy!

9. Am currently serving with the US Army and the Kukhri on my desk has spawned many a question from my US brethern. Action of OC Coy defines non-kinetic. I forwarded the article to all.

Jai Gurkha

10. Customs and Excise should supply this man with all the Cigarettes they confiscate from the Baccy Barons within the UK

11. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Jhan Ramro.

Jolly good.