GURKHA SECURITY GUARDS

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Jorrocks, Dec 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to recruit a small team of ex Gurkha security guards for a project in the Middle East (far away from war zones - city centre location). I don´t want to go through a security company or manpower agency. Any ideas? (I will also post this on the Gurkha forum)

2. So why you looking for Gurkhas? Whats wrong with us Brits?

3. Price, general maintenance, reputation, client requirements, the list is endless.

4. If you honestly have to ask, you really won't like the answer...

5. I was trying to be subtle!

6. Thanks Poppy, I´ll give these guys a whirl, but I was really looking to source these guys direct, not through an agency.

7. You could try hacking into JPA and sending a posting order to 2RGR. :wink:

8. THIS
    may prove beneficial to your needs. get them while they are still hot. :D

9. A few years ago the army gave out the addresses of soldiers recently retired to 2 companies who were bidding for military contracts. Vickers was one I cannot remember the other but both companies were not impressed with my dry martini skills. Ingrates.

10. Try G4 Security.

They have a subcontractor who are currently making a fortune using Ghurkas for PDT.

11. Try Nepal, I hear that is where they originate.

12. A bit naive trying to get them negative middleman/agency

Not gonna happen, would you pay them the going rate or attempt to pull your %

13. I´m not sure what you´re getting at here. First off, I pay the market rate. But I´m not going to pay an agency if i can avoid it. My company, like many other contractors, already employs lots of Filipinos, Nepalis and Indians, and we generally recruit them through agencies in their country of origin. What I don´t have is way of employing ex-Gurkhas straight from Nepal. i trust this doesn´t offend anyone. And to the rest of you, thank you very much for your input.

14. If you contact HQ British Gurkhas Nepal they will assist you