• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gurkha officer requirements?

I'm a Private Soldier in 3PWRR, I've just turned 18 and I'm in college studying for my A Levels. I'm hopefully doing a tour to Afghanistan straight after college.

After my tour I hope to leave the TA and join up as a Regular Officer, and have always wanted to join the Royal Gurkha Rifles.

Does anyone happen to know the particular route I need to take in order to acheive this? Would I have to put it as my No 1 preferred Regiment at Sandhurst? Or is it more complex than that?


Guess what, it is more complex. Speak to your AFCO and get introduced to the Regiment. You will need a sponsoring Regiment or Corps as part of your RMAS entry process although this is not actually binding either way on you being commissioned into your sponsor unit at the end of training.

I would also recommend that you look at doing fam visits with a number of different regiments.

Latest Threads