• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Gurkha gets f*cked by Blairs mob

should the Gurkha be allowed to stay ?

• Total voters
A Gurkha soldier who wants to become a Brit and stay in the UK is going to get deported by the slack jawed fist f*cker Blair and his fawning lickspittles whereas any f*cking useless parasitic sponging illegal c*nt gets to stay.

Bet the ugly wide mouthed frog bitch belonging to Blair won't help his case.

It was in todays Express newspaper but I have yet to find a link online.

There was a thread on here not so long ago (can't find it now). Ex Gurkha bloke was a bus driver in Wales or some such thing. Same story ?

The whole Gurkha business is regulated by international treaties. It would be nice to say that they have the same rights, having served the Queen for twenty years, as someone whose third cousin once removed once saw a picture of a British passport, but those treaties say that they haven't.

A quick trawl of the other newspapers - from http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004400592,00.html

A FORMER Gurkha who served with the British Army for 13 years faces deportation today after his asylum bid failed.
Ex-medical Sgt Tejbahadur Limbu, 44, is being held at an immigration detention centre and is to be to put on a flight back to Nepal.

He returned here last year fearing he may be targeted by Maoist guerillas — because of his service to Britain. When his tourist visa ran out last autumn he applied for asylum.

He stayed with friends in Folkestone, Kent, while he pursued his claim — but it failed, as did his appeal. This week he was ordered to go to Dover detention centre. The dad of four, whose family is in Nepal, said: “I’ve been working for the British Government since I was a teenager and I like this country and its people.

“I have given my blood, my sweat, my tears and my heart. But I’m being kept here like a dog in a kennel.”

Campaigners believe he should have claimed naturalisation rather than apply for asylum. Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: “We need to look at the rules which treat Gurkhas in such a ungrateful way.”
Another reason to get rid of this Government

they let every other dross stay and drain us dry, yet when one who has given so much to us wants to stay they fick him over. I can see a link here- he's a Gurkha, a soldier, I get the feeling they don't like us soldiers..... :evil:

OK who's the c*nt that voted on the second "yes" ? :wink:

monkeyspanker said:
Serve in the Army of OZ for 4 years and you qual for a OZ passport.
So howsabout a "Starship troopers" style system where service confers citizenship and only citizens can vote. :twisted:

Damn shame though, so bloody typical of this govt to turn round and and shaft them. If it doesn't fit into our glorious leaders "3rd Way" it's not allowed. :evil:

Makes me mad that we still recruit foreigners while the Army is being cut!

HOWEVER...we, as a nation, owe him and any other soldier who have pledged to put their lives on the line for the country. I bet he'll be kicked out of the country while that Egyption terrorist Abu Hamza stays here spending my taxpayers money. Dammit...makes me mad. :evil:

Tej should stay. For God's sake, he worked his bo11ocks off to get to the rank of Sgt and the country's legal scum are treating him like dross.

PD

I have neer been a big fan of Jonny Gurkha, though Ihave never doubted his courage, or that of so many long gone Brit Regts.
As has been said if this man was your standard sh1t heed illigal Cherry and her well paid gang would be Q ing up to save him.
He should be allowed to stay.
john

If we raise enough money on this poor man's behalf, and give it to the Labour Party in a brown envelope, he'll have a maroon passport before you can say "Mandelson and Hinduja!"

E

error_unknown

mushroom said:
The whole Gurkha business is regulated by international treaties. It would be nice to say that they have the same rights, having served the Queen for twenty years, as someone whose third cousin once removed once saw a picture of a British passport, but those treaties say that they haven't.
That is actually a myth which has been propagated for years by the MOD. The Tripartite Agreement has been more honoured in the breach than the observance by India and Nepal for years, and has anyway been superseded by various bits of domestic law. In any case, a good few Gurkhas have now been given British passports on the basis of a. exceptional service to the Crown (and in my view, 22 years in the Gurkhas should automatically qualify them) and b. residence. I'm not sure what the situation is now, but a couple of years back there were various lawsuits being developed against the MOD after they persuaded the Home Office to stop issuing passports to Gurkhas on the above entirely legal grounds. A senior Police officer (who is also a TA Major) was one of the people arguing the case on their behalf, including fronting up to any Home Office Minister he could lay his hands on.

http://www.army.mod.uk/brigade_of_gurkhas/gurkha_employment/tpa/

Covers the TPA

The TPA covers issues such as transit between Nepal and Indian ports; recruitment facilities; length of engagement, pay, rations, uniform, allowances, pensions, promotions, leave, welfare, education, religious and cultural observances and the right to wear Kukris (the Gurkha knife). It also determines that British Gurkhas are recruited as Nepali citizens, remain Nepali citizens throughout their service, and are resettled as Nepali citizens at the conclusion of their service. The TPA also stipulates that British Gurkhas are liable for service worldwide and serve in formed Gurkha units of the Brigade of Gurkhas.
The MOD use this agreement among other things to tie Gurkha pay to that of the poorer Indian Army and limits the number of years a married Gurkha is entitled to an MSQ.

Commonwealth soldiers enlisted into the British Army are exempt from immigration control, under Section 8(4) of the Immigration Act 1971. This entitlement ceases when they are discharged from the Army and they then have up to 28 days to leave the country, or apply to the Immigration Authorities for permission to stay.

Unlike the Gurkha's who are flown home to Nepal before being discharged on terminal leave. Their British Travel Document (Similar to a British Passport) is taken from them at this time

Nevertheless, he should have been allowed to stay. They all should. At least they have done something for this country.....which is more than you can say for some of those who were born here.

It strikes me that we who care about these things could do worse than write to our respective MPs pointing out the iniquities of the system. Using http://www.faxyourmp.com/ (which has been used by ARRSE members before) gets your view straight where it counts.

Though if your MP is a Blairite Fox Loving Babe you have two hopes of getting any meaningful response.

E

error_unknown

I think that in reality, the outcome of this is likely to be that the Gurkhas will litigate themselves out of existence. In the past, Gurkhas were a relatively cheap resource for the Army but now that they have cottoned on to the fact that they are being used and abused, and are taking steps to regularise their position re pay, pensions and all the other allowances and entitlements that we get which they don't, they stop looking like such a bargain. Personally, I think it will be a loss to the Army, but nostalgia is not the flavour of the month in Whitehall just now.

I would like to add that I in fact support the Gurkha's I only commented on the TPA as a siht way of paying them less than a British Soldier.

Baron Von Reichs Pudding said:
There was a thread on here not so long ago (can't find it now). Ex Gurkha bloke was a bus driver in Wales or some such thing. Same story ?
All abroad! The Gurkhas solve bus driver problem
Daily Telegraph
(Filed: 16/06/2004)

Army veterans are perfect solution for company, writes Richard Savill

A group of Gurkhas who are veterans of Bosnia and Iraq are helping to tackle another of Britain's problems - a shortage of bus drivers.

The 21 Army veterans have been recruited by a bus company in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, because it struggled to find British drivers for its fleet of 108 vehicles.

The company contacted the Army, which referred it to Bhim Rai, a Gurkha who was coming to the end of his 20 years of service.

Bev Fowles, the managing director of 2Travel, said: "Bhim was perfect for us - he could drive a bus, he spoke perfect English and he wanted to stay in Britain after leaving the Army.

"We took him on and he helped us find another 20 ex-Gurkhas who jumped at the chance of driving buses in deepest Wales."

Two company representatives flew to Nepal to help cut through the red tape and the group now have five-year work permits.

Mr Fowles said: "Some of them had Public Service Vehicle licences and we are training those who haven't.

"Local people have really taken to them. They are highly respected because of their Army service. They are hard-working, loyal and have excellent driving skills."

Most are staying in rented accommodation in Llanelli, but Mr Rai, 39, who has been appointed traffic manager, has moved his family to the area and his two children Jason, 14, and Rebecca, 10, have settled in at local schools.

Mr Rai won UN medals for his service in Cyprus and Kosovo, a Gulf war medal and a long service good conduct medal for his 20 years with the Gurkhas.

He said: "I'm really happy in Wales. Everyone has been very friendly and it's not really that different to Nepal.

"I heard about the chance of bus driving in Wales and it suited me perfectly. I knew a lot of my countrymen back in Nepal would love the job too.

"They have settled in well and some of them can even speak a bit of Welsh.

"I'm going back to Nepal next month to recruit some more drivers."

The company is helping to integrate its drivers by taking them to rugby matches at Llanelli's Stradey Park.

One of the drivers, Krishna Rai, 37, said he had to leave his wife and children in Nepal.

He said: "Hopefully, they will be able to come over with me and live here in Wales. The work is not as demanding as being in the Army."

Other drivers include Cpl Tilak Bahadur Rai, 39, a father of two who served in Iraq, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Belize, Bosnia, Brunei and Jamaica.

He has a long service medal, a good conduct medal and a Nato medal for serving in Yugoslavia.

Cpl Yambahadur Rai, 36, also gained Nato, long service and good conduct medals.

Other bus companies have reported a shortage of drivers. After one looked to eastern Europe, unions said firms would not have to recruit from overseas if the pay was better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blonde_guy Gurkhas 101
S Waltenkommando 2
rictic Current Affairs, News and Analysis 25