• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gurkha Chef wanted!

Does anyomne have details of any Gurkha (serving or retired) Chef / Cook * (delete as appropriate to sensibilities) who would available to prepare food for a private function, Next Year! If anyone does please PM me with details.

Thx in advance for all sensible replies.

RRFHASBEEN said:
What part of the country?
Good point well presented, Surrey / Hants Border, a.k.a. Aldershot!! i have alsked around but short of wewandering into the BGWS Centre on a weekend have had no joy!

Happy to provide Transport and Accn as required!

Why not try the garrison at Folkestone? If no-one there can do it then they probably know someone in Aldershot (can it really be that hard to find a Gurkha cook in the 'Shot?!) or Farnborough area who could do it.

Edit: No Gurkhas based at the 'Shot now, IOW. One Bn in Folkestone and One in Brunei.

The_Goon said:
Why not try the garrison at Folkestone? If no-one there can do it then they probably know someone in Aldershot (can it really be that hard to find a Gurkha cook in the 'Shot?!) or Farnborough area who could do it.

Edit: No Gurkhas based at the 'Shot now, IOW. One Bn in Folkestone and One in Brunei.
Everyother security guard in N Hampshire is Ex Gurkha. If you can't find one call the Security Manager at the AA, Fanum House, Basingstoke. He is married to a Nepalise girl and half of his staff are from likewise.

The_Goon said:

There is a Regt full of them down Queens Av!

Thank you chaps but I need to speak to the Sec of the BGWS anyway, ws just asking in case I could avoid looking like a numpty in front of him; in front of you lot it doesn't matter, Christ one more numpty in here gets lost in the noise;-)

Thanks all

Lovely little Gurkha curry place near Wareham, if you still need a chef, let me know and I'll dig out the details (he's ex QGSignals and ran the curry place in Blandford IIRC).

Latest Threads