Gurkah soldier dies from injuries in hospital.

RIP,
Condolences to family & friends.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Soldier dies in UK from wounds sustained in Afghanistan

Soldier dies in UK from wounds sustained in Afghanistan

It is with sadness that the Ministry of Defence must announce that a soldier from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham yesterday, 2 January 2012, from wounds sustained while serving in Afghanistan in June 2010.

The soldier was wounded when he was caught in an improvised explosive device blast.

Lieutenant Colonel David Robinson, Commanding Officer of 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, said:

"It is with great sadness that I must confirm the death of a Gurkha soldier from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, who had previously been seriously injured in Afghanistan. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this very difficult time."

The soldier's next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further information is released.

Very sad, I was on that tour and it seems a lifetime ago. Shocking.

RIP.

Very sad, I was on that tour and it seems a lifetime ago. Shocking.

RIP.
His injuries were quite horrific and as a result was always susceptible to infection. I was last in QE in Sept/Oct his family were there with him all the time and even managed a Nepalese Christmas around that time. I suppose that is some small solace to them.

Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
RIP Soldier , Sincere thoughts with Family ,Friends and Colleagues .

18 months of suffering must have been horrendous for him to endure and his loved ones to witness.

Rest easy friend.

Condolences to all thise close to him.

Bravest of the Brave, Most Loyal of the Loyal
Namesti
I hope you are truly at peace now
RIP and many condolences to your family they should be very proud of you.

RIP
My condolences to his family, friends and comrades.

Unbelievably sad for him and his family and medical staff to have obviously fought so hard for so long only for him to ultimately lose the fight.

One tough customer. RiP and condolences to family and hospital staff.