Guns(or the lack of)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tankie88, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i still have a spud gun knocking around somewhere ???

2. Somewhere I have one of these - but I've run out furry darts and corks...

[​IMG]

3. weve got one of those too. and weve got the darts ..

4. Quick question (not a wah). What are those .50 cal. machine guns in Afghanistan that the British army are using? Never seen one whilst serving.

5. One's that make big holes in the enemy...lmao

6. Yes they are aquired from various places at time of falklands war and then kept first by paras and marines and then other infantry units really needs to be vechicle mounted but can be man packed .

Didn't mod fcuk Manroy off by giving gpmg contract to some foreign firm?
    I'm sure if we send some hookers round to the saudis they will wait
    for there guns abit :twisted:

7. I can see a raid on the Imperial War Museum coming along. :)

Bit of .303 Vickers goodness anybody? :D

8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It's basically the American M2.

9. Any chance someone from MOD resigning over this disaster ?

10. Thanks.

11. Yes. It went to Heckler and Koch which also meant that it breached the confidentiality agreement with FN Herstal (who designed it) that stipulated that the design drawings and specifications not be made available to any party outside of the UK.

Britain is probably the only major nation in europe that buys its small arms exclusively from overseas manufacturers - having destroyed its own manufacturing base.

Strategic disaster.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Serves them right but not having enough weapons for training spells disaster on ops. Back to shouting bang anyone? I suspect this is a ploy to hide the fact that we dont have any ammo worth firing!

13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The mind boggles! If it was not for the fact that this kit is so seriously needed where it matters it would be a good thing that the spams have said no. The clowns responsible for this debacle have got to learn that they can't just run to Uncle Sam to put a sticking plaster on every time they make aclusterf@ck.

What sort of tinpot logistics have we got where we even notice that we are short of 400 50cals. We should have 1000s of them spare.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Just in time logistics another yank term we have learnt from civ div business. I blame the MBA brigade!