Guns for hire;Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, May 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Being shown on Sky1 tonight & repeated tommorow & Wednesday might on Sky2 & 3, A insight into the 'Guns-for-hire'.
    In your own time....

2. I am interested in whole "mercenary / guns for hire" thing, and am going to be watching it tonight!

I however did not like that chap who was sprouting about himself being the "best of the best" "gun for hire" it's like slapping a tag on your forehead "hit me big boy"

3. I,m gonna watch it aswell. Sure, there are some guys doing it who have served & know thier onions but I,m expecting to see a whole herd of walts tonight. Unless they pixel out the face (even thats a comprimise) What self respecting PMC Op would want to be plastered all over the telly ? Unless they want to big it up.

Regards LT.

4. The dude I was talking about turned out to be in prison, talking about the Northern alliance of Afghanistan who could free him with the click of his fingers..
    Now this all could be very well and true, but he is the ideal picture of a walt :mad:

But in all, it was a nice program to give people an insight into the modern mercenary life, and I will be watching for this time next weeks part two :)
    Monday 22nd 22:00 Zulu.

5. Yeah I thought so too loads of Special Forces/Airbourne badges on his made up uniform. Seemed off his fcuking t1ts aswell. the PMC guys on a whole seemed to be the business and quite understasted apart from the Ex US cop who came accross as a bit of a plank. Enjoyed the show though

6. I think we should all send him a lovely BB gun and maybe an SAS badge to go with the rest of his lovely kit :)