Gunrunning - Business opportunity

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This space intentionally blank. AlexCiv will post below here with further details, all approved by BCO for general release for any interested parties. As with all these things, do your research and don't come crying to us if it all goes titsup. :mrgreen:

Also, serious thread / discussion once main topic posted.

Ta.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Intriguing! :plotting:

I can get you loads of Serbian made weapons: anything from single action target pistols to rotary cannon in 12.7mm... and larger calibre weapons and munitions if you want...

...provided of course you are a legitimate end user. Also if you need any of BAE Systems' made munitions let me know: discounts available for larger quantities.

I can get you loads of Serbian made weapons: anything from single action target pistols to rotary cannon in 12.7mm... and larger calibre weapons and munitions if you want...

...provided of course you are a legitimate end user. Also if you need any of BAE Systems' made munitions let me know: discounts available for larger quantities.
Do they still do 7.62?

BAE? Over 1 million rounds of 7.62 per day if you've got the cash.

Serbia? They can produce decent volumes of 7.62x54mm and 7.62x39mm and can either produce or source 7.62x25mm.

As with all things munitions: it's all about cash and quantity.
Knew a chap in Florida who was 'retired': He called upon his previous three letter acronym govt. agency work experience out of various emabassies to import 1 million rds of 5.56 x 45mm for both his own use and to sell off cheap to mates.

Cheaper to buy in bulk from a manufactuer, preferably third world, or, as stated, former eastern european. Funnily, I was looking at eastern european made body armour and bullet resistant skateboard/assault helmets last week with a view to importing to the US.

So what is this opportunity then?

Thanks MrBane, and morning everyone!

**WANTED: (ex)serviceman/woman who is interested or has experience in the fitness industry for partnership marketing/developing a new product with military theme**

The mods here have been good enough to let me pitch a kind of ‘wanted’ advert on the forums even though I’m not a proper member.

First off, I’m a civilian with no experience in the services; medical officer wouldn’t sign off my post-laser op eyes. I won’t pretend to know what you guys have been through and sorry if I don’t get any references etc! This is lack of military experience is what has led me to your forum.

I have been designing a free-weight range with a military theme and looking for someone (or some people) with an interest in fitness and with military experience to move the product forward with. Basically I have designed a product but need a partner with the right experience to be taken seriously and get if off the ground!

I imagine it would be a great side project for someone now working as a personal trainer.

I was very close to selling the design to a major fitness equipment manufacturer but, after 4 months of work with the R&D department, the president pulled out at the last minute as it wouldn’t tie in with their brand image (understandable).

Here are a few notes which will hopefully spark some interest and show this is a genuine enquiry:

- The product is a customizable training free weight (or range of weights) with a relatively simple but unique design.
- Original design mainly focused on military/law enforcement use although there could be a large civilian customer base too; especially large potential market in the U.S.
- Easily produced with a low cost manufacturing process.
- Additional add-ons available to customize and upgrade meaning future repeated customers.
- Memorable product name making branding/marketing easier.
- Patent searches have come back clear.
- Relevant web addresses are available.
- Ex-SAS, British Army and Royal Navy members who have seen the design can see potential and given the thumbs up as a runner.

I have been drafting a patent application and I’m currently assembling a prototype. I would have the application professionally completed straight away but the patent could be more appealing to a partner if originally submitted jointly rather than licensed or purchased.

I’d be open to sending all the necessary details to anyone with a genuine interest if they wouldn’t mind signing an NDA to keep things safe?

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you’re interested!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Considering the way this thread has went, I'll please reiterate serious chat only now the main topic is up. I know some of you had visions of a Lord of War style venture, but alas... :mrgreen:

Thanks MrBane, and morning everyone!

**WANTED: (ex)serviceman/woman who is interested or has experience in the fitness industry for partnership marketing/developing a new product with military theme**

The mods here have been good enough to let me pitch a kind of ‘wanted’ advert on the forums even though I’m not a proper member.

First off, I’m a civilian with no experience in the services; medical officer wouldn’t sign off my post-laser op eyes. I won’t pretend to know what you guys have been through and sorry if I don’t get any references etc! This is lack of military experience is what has led me to your forum.

I have been designing a free-weight range with a military theme and looking for someone (or some people) with an interest in fitness and with military experience to move the product forward with. Basically I have designed a product but need a partner with the right experience to be taken seriously and get if off the ground!

I imagine it would be a great side project for someone now working as a personal trainer.

I was very close to selling the design to a major fitness equipment manufacturer but, after 4 months of work with the R&D department, the president pulled out at the last minute as it wouldn’t tie in with their brand image (understandable).

Here are a few notes which will hopefully spark some interest and show this is a genuine enquiry:

- The product is a customizable training free weight (or range of weights) with a relatively simple but unique design.
- Original design mainly focused on military/law enforcement use although there could be a large civilian customer base too; especially large potential market in the U.S.
- Easily produced with a low cost manufacturing process.
- Additional add-ons available to customize and upgrade meaning future repeated customers.
- Memorable product name making branding/marketing easier.
- Patent searches have come back clear.
- Relevant web addresses are available.
- Ex-SAS, British Army and Royal Navy members who have seen the design can see potential and given the thumbs up as a runner.

I have been drafting a patent application and I’m currently assembling a prototype. I would have the application professionally completed straight away but the patent could be more appealing to a partner if originally submitted jointly rather than licensed or purchased.

I’d be open to sending all the necessary details to anyone with a genuine interest if they wouldn’t mind signing an NDA to keep things safe?

Thank you for your time and please let me know if you’re interested!
what is it you're looking for a partner to come in and improve/grow specifically?

I don't like competition!

What are your contact details?

wm1965 PM'd you with details!

To be honest it depends on whether they’re the right person and how much they’d like to get involved.

It could be as much as taking full control of the product and running with it; I’d be happy to take a back seat and basically ‘sell’ the idea with agreed terms for an appropriately small share of future profit.

At the other end of the scale: it could do with some refining/polishing still so a touch of product development and testing of the prototype.

Another option would be a full 50/50 partner getting involved with development then everything up to pitching the product to a company or finding our own manufacturer after patenting the design.

So the full range covered!

Considering the way this thread has went, I'll please reiterate serious chat only now the main topic is up. I know some of you had visions of a Lord of War style venture, but alas... :mrgreen:
Yarra wynd up merchant, may your sporran curl at the edges.;)

That said; a damn good opportunity for someone. I knew a chap (his Mrs worked with mine) who contacted a well known branded fitness gear maker in the US, they had no UK representation and he got the UK distribution rights more or less by return email and within a couple or three years went from a 3 bed semi lifestyle to a 5 bed detached with matching his and hers range rovers.