Gunners to be hit by Tranche 2?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by FLA4ever, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone. Just hearing in the grapevine that the R.A. are going to be hit by the next phase of Redundancies. Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone know what trades/Regiments are going to be hit he most?

Speaking to a few people, alot seem quite keen to to take redundancy.

Anyone else expecting us to take a shoeing?
  2. I heard that one. I thought Bdrs would be hit as well? Speaking to few lads at Larkhill, they would be happy to take it.
  3. i hope so
  4. +1.

They are going to hit about 2300 serving in the Army. They will be looking at everyone, and next year, and the year after that! It is not going to be restricted to the RA or to a rank range, we are all in the firing line.
  5. So will any one be allowed to apply for redundancy to then?
  6. Not everyone. Some trades will be safe.
  7. Rumor has it that LE Oficers are up for the chop as well. Can't see how we are gapped a few.

Will find out tomorrow.
  8. Today has seen the release of a DIN announcing a further 2900 redundancies. It's seen some real damage including:

500 Infantry Private Soldiers
    800 RLC Other Ranks
    125 Royal Signals JNCOs
    All the focus in the news seems to be on the Ghurkas who have also taken a real battering.

Quote from ARRSE email.

9. Your a day behind, it was out yesterday and for the RA where this thread sits, it is so manly Gnr's and LBdr's both having done over a certain time service.
  10. whoops apologies, haven't been on t'internettings for 4 days.