Gunner YO Dress Guidance

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by This Tribe, Nov 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

The email below is currently doing the rounds but I felt it deserved a wider audience!

• Like Like x 10
  2. Not bad advice, disagree with the pocket in shirt bit though, nobody wears jackets in offices any more (hung up all day) and shirt pockets are handy for carrying spec's/'phone.

3. It's aimed at Army Officers who by and large don't wear suits to work in offices you utter mong

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Woo hoo!

Calm down young lady, you'll bust something. This bollox is in keeping with the spirit of your totally pointless post.

5. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Wow, drop shorts are aiming up.

The only thing the author missed out are vents. In for a purpose, left off for a travesty.

6. The author of the email used to inspect YOs' suits with a set of tailor scissors and add vents if they were lacking.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Two vents or not two vents? that is the question....

...........or suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune ( shirt pocket)

8. Not just applicable to the Artillery I think!

9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I thought that the only requirement for RA YOs was that if two turned up in the same rig, the most junior went and got changed.

10. So you can turn up to an event dressed in Afrkia Korps rig and swastika armband then?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That email is fecking hilarious!! It reminds me of my time as a young Junior Bleeder when we had to parade in our civies for inspection to see if they were suitable before being allowed out in town for the first time out of uniform after Passing off the Square. We were then given a Civilian Clothes pass which had to be carried and the clothing worn had to match the clothes listed on the pass!!! Happy days circa 1966 :)

12. Sounds like a right good bloke.

(Although I did crack a smile at the email - maybe the Corps Adjt of the RLC should push something similar out; expressing how "female equivilent" doesn't mean jeans-and-a-slutty-top...)

• Like Like x 1
  13. msr

msr LE

"I would rather discover a Gunner officer through his witty, polite and engaging conversation than clocking his cloning through his dress"

Perhaps this is the reason for the dress :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. That used to be the case. The gunner hierarchy have now decided that rigid adherence to dress standards is the way to go. Plastic belts, issued boots, twisties, belts over smocks.