Gunner Palace

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by 307, Jan 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Gunner Palace....anyone seen this documentary film, it's about a US arty unit based in Baghdad early on in OP Telic. Really good I thought, really likeable lads, filmed in a way to simply show what was happening no spin at all that I could see. I don't think it's been released here yet or if it's even going to be but the duty rumour is it can downloaded off the web, particulary off limewire for the illicit viewing of, as someone on this thread has. Pretty surreal stuff to watch, as all the footage pics of US forces in iraq coming out is of super dooper up armoured HMMWVEs, I don't know whether that's the case on the ground, but the majority of vehicles these lads are in are soft skin open top vehciles. Well worth watching I'd say.

2. I saw it before I came over here...highly recommend it if you can get a copy. It's interesting, and IIRC it got pretty good reviews across the board with little political blather either way.

3. I agree with you wholeheartedly...the boys are extremely likeable and come off, frankly, as a lot wiser than most politicians, journalists, and civilians engaged in debating the war, regardless of which side they are on. The young soldiers in this documentary show a lot of quiet maturity for eighteen year olds with no other life experience to speak of. This may not be the most unforgetable war documentary ever filmed, but it is well done and thought provoking nonetheless, especially when compared with all of the other vapid "noise" out there about war and soldiers.