Gunner Officer Barrack Dress Shirts

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by hillarybriss, Aug 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the best place to aquire/purchase Gunner Officer Barrack Dress shirts so i don't have to pay £50+ to the thieving monkeys at a certain accredited tailor in St Albans?

Many thanks.

2. Of course, they key thing is to have a shirt that looks unlike anyone else's.

I had a couple of soft SD shirts from someone called Stefan Hartounian - but I can't google him anymore (10 years ago).

If you are wearing the whole Ginger Bollocking Suit in the bizarre, foul, 22oz cloth that was favoured by the RA Dress committee then just wear an egyptian cotton beige or cream shirt underneath the jacket as it is much cooler. No-one ever noticed for me.

Nor did they notice the shiny, strappy RAC brown boots as opposed to the Barnardo's corrective brown barges. If you are wearing such boots you need never worry about the right kind of socks either...

3. Hillary - I assume these are for ICSC?

Nearly everyone on mine got theirs from here - Stephan Haroutunian - as Vic says above.

About £35.

4. Stephan's are now the official purveyor of SD shirts to the Royal Regiment.

They can be found at:

K S Haoutunian
    22-26 Evanthia Pierides St
    Shop 3 (off Athens Avenue)
    PO Box 900
    Larnaka
    Cyprus

or perhaps more conveniently...

95 Moore Park Rd
    London SW6
    Fulham

(just off Fulham Broadway, south of Chelsea FC)

uqfegd

pp

5. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

More importantly, nearly next door to The Pickled Pelican - an excellent hostellery!

6. Back to work Crusty! The DAG won't train itself...or then again it might...if it were here!

uqfegd

pp