Gunner Magazine Online

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by goatbagthedruid, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Yes - I'd rather have a digital copy

2. Yes - but you should have to pay for it

3. Maybe - it's the only post I get

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it a good idea to put Gunner Magazine online?

Good Points:

It would be good for the Gunner fraternity deployed and living overseas to get a copy rather than have it lost by the internal mail.
    It would also save on printing costs,those awful plastic bags and help the environment!

Bad point:

You would not get the 'new Gunner Smell' which wafts into your nostrils when you open it!

2. It would be a good idea to have it online. I dont have the honour of opening a Gunner Magazine of my own yet, i just wait and steal someone elses once they have finished with it.
  3. Posting The Gunner online would be extremely popular, accessible to all and would indeed save on printing and postal costs.

If The Gunner is availabe online, would it be free?
    What would happen to the income it receives from subscriptions?
  4. shouldn't have forgotten the RA Journal and other interesting publicatiosn. They could be held on ArmyNet if at the RESTRICTED level?

5. msr

msr LE

You can't put RESTRICTED on armynet...
  6. Ah, the downfall of my plan for the RA Journal!

However, Gunner is UNCLASSIFIED and therefore could do; the RA Jounal and associated pamphlets could go on the underused RA DII intranet site!

7. Definately online, give us old retired barstewards access to it. Help keep us up to speed.

Have they found a replacement for the trebuchet yet?
  8. Just seen the following out on an ARRSE forum - LINKY - If true, then what a good way to save money!

9. You have an interesting copy of the RA Journal? Wow.
  10. Heaven forbid that someone would read a journal from where they work and be interested in it. I hate professionalism!

11. I always enjoy the RA Journal - not the "ooh aren't i clever I've had an idea about radars/MLRS or 2 man crews" sorts of things but the historical gear.
  12. Having an (Almost) complete collection of The Gunner, I would prefer to see it remain in paper form, I know I'm sad, but rthere you go, I'm also oldfashioned!!

I don;t really see why we couldn't have both versions.
  13. msr

msr LE

You are not an accountant, are you?

14. How did you guess!!!
  15. I prefer to get it by post. The other half complains I spend too much time on here as it is. Also it is easier to pass it on to those who don`t have internet.