Gunner Light Gun

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by FRjunkie, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I became a Soldier as a Gunner with the Light Gun

As well as Operating the Light Gun as part of a mobile battlefield detachment, providing artillery support for infantry, could I also undertake an Infantry Role in the RA if I didn't volunteer, directly on entry, to serve with the Commandos or Paras?
  2. msr

msr LE

You could always apply for 7 (Para) RHA or 29 (Cdo).

3. It does occur Junkie, that if you want an infantry role within the Gunners, then perhaps you should be considering an Infantry regiment?? The RA's role is busy enough without bods who aren't sure where they want to be! That said, there are plenty of opportunities to carry out minor Infantry roles on Ops.

If you do decide to join Gods Royal Regiment and use the Light Gun....Just remember E.L.X.E.L and double check the bubble :wink: :lol:
  4. Only if he has use of a time machine to go back to 2000.
  5. The secondary role of a Gunner is as a grunt,. The secondary role of a grunt is........, anyone what the answer is??
  6. So this isn't the "Dr Who" thread then??? 8O
  7. or join 4/73 (Sphinx) Special Observation Post Battery - an infantry type role within the Royal Artillery
  8. ELXEL. Anyone remember FAME the precursor to FACE? and as for PADS.....Oh to be a TARA Sgt
  9. I can still remember the 25 Pdr's in boys service in degree's and minutes!
  10. when I was a young gunner my unit had recently swapped the 105 Pack Howitzer for the Light Gun. I can still remember doing a charity gun-pull with the pack - a beautifully balanced weapon