Gunner accommodation in Lisburn

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by LAIT, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited.
  2. Hmmmmm......
  3. ?
  4. It is minging, but I haven't seen any rats........yet!
    The good thing is that the lads and lassies will be moved shortly into ganz neuer accommodation!
  5. What happened to the brand new (ish, in 2000 anyway) birds block next to the NAAFI bop and cafe?

That can't be full now that 39 and 15SR have closed down, surely?
  6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

You have obviously never been part of the guard force in Crumlin Road jail then, I am sure Lisburn is like Butlins compared to that :lol:
  7. And the upshot was I bet they were hoping you'd give them a personal inspection but being a good Catholic girl of morals you refused. :wink:
  8. Spanish_Dave

Pug give us the lowdown
  9. You must mean 'Tampax Towers?' And 'Cafe' is stretching the imagination a bit?
  10. 'Tampax Towers' is still there. The 'bop' is now 'The Lowland Bar' (I think) which was formerly called 'Finnigans' and the cafe is now 'Cafe Js' and is actually very good, although is becoming a haunt for 173 Pro Coy who must be some of the most bored soldiers on the planet. The first load of Z type SLAM will be getting occupied next week I believe. I was told by a mate in HQNI that there is a large new camp getting built down near the compound next year for the Gunners to use.
  11. You have a PM!
  12. Spanish_Dave

Seen, thanks matey
  13. Blokes are now in the SLAM (2 x lots) and it's very good but, isn't squaddy proof. If it's looked after it should last but will need policing I feel for a while yet. Pug, your thoughts?
  14. GNR40 is spot on, quality SLAM for the lads and more to follow. No more Rats! :)