Gunman opens fire at US college

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Chris_2oo6, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7246003.stm

2. The US does not have a gun problem, just incase you're wondering. Trust me, the US government said so.

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Fcuk me its like a fire sale over there!

4. The college should have declared itself to be a "gun free zone" - then it could never have happened.

5. It speaks volumes about US culture that a college should even need to declare itsself a gun free zone.

Not saying all of the US is bad, but there really is a gun problem.

6. WAAAAHHH!

Twit by name Twit by nature.

7. If only they'd all been armed with M16s. They could have quickly formed a citizen's militia, encircled their assailant and opened fire on full automatic before retiring to the student's union for bottles of Bud and high fives all round.

Not enough automatic weapons in untrained hands - that's America's problem.

8. This is a totally ridicules statement. :wink:

Every one knows you can’t drink till your 21 so they would have to settle for high fives and more coke or dope.

And your right if they were all armed to the teeth this would not have happened.

9. Call me crazy...but the idea of being caught in the crossfire between Suicidal Columbine Kid, the cops, a couple of asthmatic campus security guards, and some weekend range-shooter who happens to be carrying doesn't make me feel much safer.

10. All these shootings in schools must make the American Education System one of hte toughests systems in existance!!!!

Do they get Purple Hearts added to their robes on graduation?

Is there a special page on the year book.... "most likely to turn in to a gunman".

FFS.

US of A wake up!!! You have children KILLING other children. There is something fundamentally wrong there.

11. Because, of course, there is NO gun crime in the UK and violent crime in the UK NEVER involves children.

12. Very difficult to kill five people in a knife spree though isn't it? The issue here is not whether US children are more or less inclined to hurt each other than UK, but that US children can lay their hands on weapons capable of wreaking considerable havoc in order to do so. UK gun crime is generally gang related and targets other gun owners, it is rare that random members of the public are gunned down in cold blood.

13. Yeah. Effective enemy fire. :(

14. I'd lay good money that this punter will have considered himself to be in a gang of one.

Before Trip, Dogface et al say it I agree that armed students/staff/guards 'might have' or 'probably would' have resolved the situation with a lower body count. The problem is I'm sure that the shooter not having a gun would definitely have reduced the body count. I don't want to take fellow ARRSERS guns I just don't want crims and potential crims to have them.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Armed response rarely save lives, it does however deter.

That America is nuts is a given. The NRA. Doing AQ's work for them - incident by incident..