Gunfire in SAS ‘raid’ at Olympic Village

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BCFC Sam, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gunfire in SAS ‘raid’ at 2012 Olympic Village | The Sun |News

THE SAS and anti-terror cops fired off live ammo at the London Olympics Village - in a dry-run at combating a Munich-style attack on athletes.
    The full-scale dress rehearsal - named Operation Wooden Pride - was staged over three days at the accommodation complex.
    Security chiefs admit that next year's spectacular will be a top target for terrorists.
    At the 1972 Munich Games, 11 Israeli athletes and coaches were murdered after Middle-Eastern terrorists took hostages in the competitors' quarters.
    A British Intelligence source said the exercise "ran through the methods of dealing with an attack by terrorist gunmen intent on taking hostages".
    It also ensured the military and police command structures would work efficiently, and gave the elite soldiers and police officers who might be involved a chance to get to know the village lay-out.
    The source added: "To add to a sense of reality, live rounds were fired."
    Police confirmed the exercise was "part of our preparations for the Games". The MoD declined to comment.
  2. Burp...No Shit Sherlock...
  3. and............?
  4. So beware, all you wannabe terrorists (and Brazilian electricians).
  5. (my bold) bit of a camp name.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

about all we are capable of, why use sas except for the flashy name. more fcuking spin doctoring
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

they shoudl take up the yanks offer of a carrier in the thames to provide overwatch as the RAF have admitted they cant do it
  8. Bugger off. They'd all go into London for a bit of shore leave and come back to find out that their ship had been decommissioned and put on the MOD's eBay site (or whatever it's called)
  9. I misread it as Op. Wooden Prune!
  10. Live ammo, or Ball?
  11. OK if I shoot you with some 'Ball' ammunition then?
  12. Knock yourself out!:)
  13. I was thinking that.

I think they mean blanks... as I can't see Seb Coe being too happy about the SAS and CO19 turning up and brassing up the new facilities!!!

He'd probably run a mile at that idea.
  14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I imagine it would still be a pretty fast mile though.

Faster if a tribe of Kenyan Marathon runners were following him with machetes to hack off his irritating, self important, smarmy head.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ain't that the truth :biggrin: