Gun shops in central London

I’ve got to go down to the big smoke next week for work and will probably have a few hours to kill on Friday morning prior to ‘wheels up’, is there anywhere worth a visit for a browse to get me out of my pit or would I be better staying in the hotel and conducting some ‘internet based self abuse’.......

ugly

LE
Purdeys used to be nice, they even let me in wearing cycle shorts (I was collecting cartridges on my bicycle). In fact around the St James bit there are a few.

ugly

LE
I used to know quite a few of them but obviously losing my marbles. All of the top names ae within 20 minutes walk

Beretta are just up the road from Wm Evans , so pop in there .
Holland and Holland , Purdey and Boss are all within a 3 min walk of each other and you have Ray Ward in Knightsbridge .

Swaine Adeney & Briggs in Piccadilly, next to Fortnum and masons food shop, go down stairs, they have a good firearms section, it holds a royal warrant.

If you go, stop outside, and look up, on the hour the Fortnum's clock chimes and has manikins move across the clock face.

ugly

LE
Swaine Adeney & Briggs in Piccadilly, next to Fortnum and masons food shop, go down stairs, they have a good firearms section, it holds a royal warrant.

If you go, stop outside, and look up, on the hour the Fortnum's clock chimes and has manikins move across the clock face.
Jermyn Street: History of Swaine Adeney Brigg
This firm allegedly doesn't do firearms and its history shows none.

Jermyn Street: History of Swaine Adeney Brigg
This firm allegedly doesn't do firearms and its history shows none.
In 1988 SA&B had their basement converted from storage to a retail floor, My father his partner and I installed all new lighting and power, look at the staircase light above you when you go downstairs, its off centre, beacause of a central support beam in the staircase above. , I fitted that. A gun shop was opened up down there, Princess Anne was invited along to open the new section. ( The Piccadilly shop)

ugly

LE
In 1988 SA&B had their basement converted from storage to a retail floor, My father his partner and I installed all new lighting and power, look at the staircase light above you when you go downstairs, its off centre, beacause of a central support beam in the staircase above. , I fitted that. A gun shop was opened up down there, Princess Anne was invited along to open the new section. ( The Piccadilly shop)
They dont talk about guns at all now, I'd be interested if its still in use as a gun shop. Not many are in London!

Outside of the top line sporting gun retailers, I don't think that there is a single "general purpose" gun shop left in central-ish London anywhere. The few survivors are out on the periphery - Cat Hill, Romford, Coulsden, etc. Even Armalon has left.

ugly

LE
Outside of the top line sporting gun retailers, I don't think that there is a single "general purpose" gun shop left in central-ish London anywhere. The few survivors are out on the periphery - Cat Hill, Romford, Coulsden, etc. Even Armalon has left.
Joe at Cat Hill is a top bloke, always helpful despite his clients being a challenge!

ugly

LE
Yes, I've met some very strange individuals in his shop...
I think some of them appeared in SBW's blog about gun shop nutters. The one that sticks in my mind is the one with the newly self inflicted cigarette burns on his arm whilst claiming they were AK entry wounds.