Gun Pron

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Uzbeck, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As its the season to be merry I give you:-

Rio's drug war - The Big Picture - Boston.com

It should be work safe, and is actualy a little old, but there's plenty of kit to be excited about (there's even a clutch of SLR/FAL's in there for the old blokes!) and plenty of 'soldiers' and police to ridicule for terrible drills. Let the merryment commence! I commend images 33 and 39 in particular for for your attention.

The type and number of firearms on issue to the guys wearing 'police'tags would have any armoury staff as permament gibbering wrecks I would think...

(On a serious note this site often hosts some rather intresting photo essays including in the past some on British forces in 'stan rather than just comedy value Brazillians)

2. picture 39..... more sights on that weapon than he has eyes

3. Love a bit of gun pron meself. What do you mean s.l.r. old blokes ? Now that was a proper rifle blah blah

4. Just 2, a side mounted EO Tech 554, and a telescopic sight, the other device is a Laser designator.

5. abit of a spotter are we? keen

6. Shurely thats a laser sight not a designator? If we're going to be spotterish. ie something to put a red dot on target for use in close...as oposed to something to illuminate a target for smart munitions etc. 'cos last time I checked the two are not interchangable. I stand to be corrected if so.

I messed around with red and green lasers for a while but in the end mk1 eye ball and either iron sights or a decent reddot seemed more usefull to me.

7. But why would you want a side mounted and with a telescopic? Just plonk on a 3x or 5x with the eotech.

Good piccy's though.

8. Heart beat sensor wouldnt go a miss

9. Whoever is piloting the chopper in 29. Good drills!

10. When it says Marinha on the side. Typical mong journo . . . the lack of attention to detail never ceases to grate. Would they be that cavalier about the names of different tribes from the Amazon? :roll: