• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gun Fires Gun Stops

Just heard, AH fired its AWS in Otterburn this week and the said barrel launched down the range along with the cannon rounds. OOPS!

OOOps - is that what they call a barrel full of larfs ? Now who gets the stick for that?

a. Groundy for cleaning it?
b. Reme for maintaining it?
c. The chap/chappess who signed for it and flew it?

No need to answer here folks (OPSEC etc) but its worth pondering on . .

Once they have the barrel I presume they will wait expectantly for the Breech, Chamber and everything else to fall off passing apaches too!

The fun bit was getting transported in by Lynx to the top of a large hill not reachable by landrover, forming one straight line and hunting for it.

Newfy said:
The fun bit was getting transported in by Lynx to the top of a large hill not reachable by landrover, forming one straight line and hunting for it.
Reminds me of another weapon firing sketch . . . that of Lynx TOW . . .

Now then chaps. One straight line and forward march.

Any wire we came across over the next 3½ kms was to be wrapped around your arms and if you still had your arms at the end of the jaunt, then the HWI would come along and demostrate why it was called "cheese wire" . . . oh deep joy, to$$bag. ;-)

Newfy said:
Was it found and put back in the armoury ?

So it was found!! As I understand it the calculation used by the crew to work out the angle of the dangle combined with the direction of the projection actually made it easier to find it.

Latest Threads