Gun Dog Scurry at the 2011 Kent County Show

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by ugly, Jan 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

This year I am running the gun dog scurry for charity at the Kent County show and am looking for volunteers for all or some of the three days to run stands.
    You will need a sense of humour, be nice if you have a digital top watch and you will get 1/2 a day off in the showground for every 1/2 day you work. Camping on site is free. I will run a BBQ each evening and we will have free tickets. I have 5 or 6 volunteers already but need about 16.
    if you have a dog to enter bring it along, prize fund is over £600 and we hope to have additional sponsor available before then. We are planning the proceeds to be split between Kent Air Ambulance and Guide dogs for the blind.
    There will be 3 events, a steeplechase, a blind retrieve of pairs and a launched bird.
    KCS is very kindly giving us our pitch for free and lots of advertising so if you own a dog a gundogor know someone that does let them know please.
    I am very keen to hear from arrsers willing to volunteer to be fed by myself and the swamp donkey!
  2. Sounds good. Can I drop you line nearer the time? I'm due to finish at a certain nearby agricultural college around May, so I should be free.
  3. My Girlfriend is launching her business this year through WIRE (women in rural enterprise) She has a few Country shows booked up North for this year, I shall inform her of this tomorrow and if we can venture down south then it will be my pleasure to lend a hand, I have never worked with gun dogs but have worked with collie's on farms for years. Ive seen the scurry at many a country show and as inspired me to get a Springer someday. I shall let you know in due course.
  4. Put me down for it, could be fun.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yup that will be fine look forward to hearing from you!
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Guzzler and Pegasus Branding, more than welcome if folks can confirm to me sometime about may ish then I can get tickets out in the post. I will need T shirt sizes from everyone though, it helps to blag show discounts if you are obviously taking part!