Gun Cabinet needed

Bought a new Brettonsound 3 rifle/shotgun cabinet 2 years ago thinking it would be big enough for my shooting needs.

Pillock.

Any way - I need one big enough for 3 rifles with sights, 2 shotguns and 200 rounds ball and shed loads of 12 guage in trade for my 3 gun cabinet plus dosh.

Alternatively one big enough for the rifles and ammo.

Anybody ?

Remember you cannot keep ball and rifles in the same cabinet, or at least not in my area. That's ball for those same rifles if you see what I mean.

Remember you cannot keep ball and rifles in the same cabinet, or at least not in my area. That's ball for those same rifles if you see what I mean.

Locking top box?

By UK law, that is not a requirement, although it is best practice.
I believe you of course. My plod (West Mercia) said it was a requirement, not just best practice. They also said that shotgun ammo can be in a 'safe place', not a cabinet. Mine is but only because I have enough space.

My brother bought a 2 gun breakdown cabinet from these people. I knew that they imported them from India and wasn't expecting much. However they are much better made than Brattonsound. The one he bought had machined steel hinges rather than a pin arrangement. Two double bitted locks, both throwing two bolts. It had a wooden gun rack or cradle rather than a bit of foam and the whole thing was lined with carpet.

I put a link to a different model that may be more suited to you. Certainly the one he bought was superb value and very well made.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/home-then-...16979015&_sid=123059035&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I put a link to a different model that may be more suited to you. Certainly the one he bought was superb value and very well made.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/home-then-...16979015&_sid=123059035&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
I agree. That looks to be just the job for the OP and at a good price (inc. delivery)

I've just measured up and will probably buy one in the near future. As one may guess I am a big fan of "splitting the risk., plus having one's guns stored neatly makes life easier.

CQMS

LE
Bite the bullet and buy at least a five scoped gun cabinet, fit out the original three gun to store ammo.

I made the same mistake when I just had one gun, I now have eleven and four cabinets.

Blogg

LE
Bite the bullet and buy at least a five scoped gun cabinet, fit out the original three gun to store ammo.

I made the same mistake when I just had one gun, I now have eleven and four cabinets.

What he said.

Get the biggest one you can accommodate.

But they are never big enough: they work like a Tardis in reverse.

I got up to three large cabinets and two ammunition cabinets before building a gun room when I moved house. Since moving again I'm down to two nine guns and a sg cabinet full of ammunition.

Blogg

LE
9 rifles (2 with fixed scopes) & 2 shotguns requires an "11 gun" extra deep cabinet, a 5 gun cabinet and what was a pistol cabinet for ammo.

I was once offered a Chubb safe the size of a wardrobe FOC by a friend who bought a house that had belonged to a dealer in gemstones.

All I had to do was collect it. Only 1680kg per the spec sheet.

Local B&Q-equivalent is doing 5-gun safes for about £120 at the moment. Which reminds me that I need a third (one is on its back and full of ammo & primers). Must try to drop in on the way home tomorrow and pick one up.

pkf72

War Hero
Agree with ugly.
Gun rooms are the way to go. No matter how hard you try not to, your gun collection always grows past what you originally planned.

sent using the power of voodoo and a shite samsung phone.

I'm working on the gunroom thing. Problem is that the Frau thinks that my gunroom is called the "loft".

Marry a shooter. You end up with multiple cabinets, and a couple of shelves in the garage full of odds and ends. Having the empty rifle case sat behind the vegetable rack then doesn't cause grief...

You also end up being able to, errr, "borrow" items from each other. At least, that's why she's using my spare rearsight, and I keep nicking her flannelette ;)

Latest Threads