Gulf War Vets Association

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SuperTrooper, Jun 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Is there such an organisation. One of my oppo's in the Old Bill is dealing with an ex soldier who has been harrassing someone. The lad apparently is suffering from PTSD and rather than stick him up before the court he wants to get the poor sod some help. Any information would be helpful.
  2. Not sure if your 'mate' has tried these but he could contact Royal British Leigon - the help ex- service men, or combat stress might be able to help. SSAFA might be useful to. Or even the persons old corps/ regt may have an association for retired personnel.

    Hope this helps

  3. Contact info for combat stress:-

    Head Office
    Tyrwhitt House, Oaklawn Road
    Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BX
    Telephone Number: 01372 841600
    Email Address:
  4. Goatman

    Goatman LE Book Reviewer

  5. By far the best organisation that is helping me to deal with my ptsd issues is the NATIONAL GULF VETERANS AND FAMILIES ASSOCIATION
    Offices 58-60,
    The Pavilion,
    536 Hall Road,
    Hull HU6 9BS,

    Or visit the web site at..
    Or e-mail..
    TEL.01482 808730.
    And be sure to ask for maria, they have excellent contacts with consulting psychiatrist . They can also deal with war pensions and war pension tribunals. good luck to the lad as i know how hard it can be when most people don't have a clue or don't give a sh*t :) :) :) :) :) :)
  6. Also to goatman the ngvfa deals with gulf 1 and op telic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: