Gulf War Part 3 - Iran

The threat from Iran is what exactly? Is it similar to the threat of WMD in Iraq by any chance?

From the article- Tehran was trying to develop nuclear weapons which he said would make the Middle East "a more unstable and more dangerous place", he said: "We should do everything we can to stop it happening."

Should say- Tehran was trying to develop nuclear weapons which he said would make it difficult for us and our allies to invade or control and we can't have that now can we.

Iran is going to get the bad news, this is the justification.
This might be them edging their bets that Romney will win the election and therefore the excrement will hit the fan and it won't only be GW3 you will have to worry about but WW3.
Last October (2007) in a speech at the University of Alabama Gen. Wesley Clark again recounted his conversation with a general at the Pentagon in November 2001.

I said, "Are we still going to invade Iraq?"
"Yes, Sir," he said, "but it's worse than that."
I said, "How do you mean?"
He held up this piece of paper. He said, "I just got this memo today or yesterday from the office of the Secretary of Defense upstairs. It's a, it's a five-year plan. We're going to take down seven countries in five years. We're going to start with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, then Libya, Somalia, Sudan, we're going to come back and get Iran in five years.
I said, "Is that classified, that paper?"
He said, "Yes Sir."
I said, "Well, don't show it to me, because I want to be able to talk about it."
Ena Aseef, La Itakallam Farsi.

("I'm sorry, I don't speak Farsi" - Delivered in Arabic by an Englishman, it's bound to go down well with the locals. I can hear "Remember Mossadegh" being chanted as I am burned alive on Al-Jazeera/RT).

Oh dear, it does seem rather like a slow motion car crash doesn't it?
Seeing as Cameron is in the Gulf promoting British business (primarily defence related), perhaps he thought a firepower demo was in order?
'Axis of evil'

Sadaam - No Bomb - Ousted and Deaded and had started selling his oil in Euro, not $
Gadaffi - No Bomb - Ousted and Deaded was going to start selling his oil for gold, not $
Kim Jong Illest - Had Bomb - Died of old age.
Hugo Chavez- no bomb- Was going to start selling oil in Euro, not $- became a member of the 'Axis of Evil' shortly afterwards then chose to revert to $. Now living peacefully, relatively.

Notice something?
Fixed that.
The $ being the de facto oil trading currency allows the USA to live about 40% above what they can afford…

With that sort of issue, the US will stop at nothing, including wars, to maintain that status quo.