Gulf War Part 3 - Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Nov 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great hear we go again
  2. Attached Files:

• beef.png
      File size:
      32.6 KB
  3. The threat from Iran is what exactly? Is it similar to the threat of WMD in Iraq by any chance?

From the article- Tehran was trying to develop nuclear weapons which he said would make the Middle East "a more unstable and more dangerous place", he said: "We should do everything we can to stop it happening."

Should say- Tehran was trying to develop nuclear weapons which he said would make it difficult for us and our allies to invade or control and we can't have that now can we.

Iran is going to get the bad news, this is the justification.
  4. Let me see...

Governments anglo assorted up to their ears in domestic problems and looking for a suitable foreign distraction?
  5. This might be them edging their bets that Romney will win the election and therefore the excrement will hit the fan and it won't only be GW3 you will have to worry about but WW3.
  6. Last October (2007) in a speech at the University of Alabama Gen. Wesley Clark again recounted his conversation with a general at the Pentagon in November 2001.

I said, "Are we still going to invade Iraq?"
    "Yes, Sir," he said, "but it's worse than that."
    I said, "How do you mean?"
    He held up this piece of paper. He said, "I just got this memo today or yesterday from the office of the Secretary of Defense upstairs. It's a, it's a five-year plan. We're going to take down seven countries in five years. We're going to start with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, then Libya, Somalia, Sudan, we're going to come back and get Iran in five years.
    I said, "Is that classified, that paper?"
    He said, "Yes Sir."
    I said, "Well, don't show it to me, because I want to be able to talk about it."
  7. if they did get a bomb would military intervention be completely off the table?
  8. You couldn't 'beef up' security at Twickenham with 70 Crab fitters, never mind the Middle East.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. 'Axis of evil'

Sadaam - No Bomb - Ousted and Deaded
    Gadaffi - No Bomb - Ousted and Deaded
    Kim Jong Illest - Had Bomb - Died of old age.

Notice something?

Kiram tu Dahanet!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Ena Aseef, La Itakallam Farsi.

("I'm sorry, I don't speak Farsi" - Delivered in Arabic by an Englishman, it's bound to go down well with the locals. I can hear "Remember Mossadegh" being chanted as I am burned alive on Al-Jazeera/RT).

Oh dear, it does seem rather like a slow motion car crash doesn't it?
  11. thats pretty much my thinking. if i was them i'd be going hell for leather trying to get one built. i wonder if i can help in any way.
  12. Seeing as Cameron is in the Gulf promoting British business (primarily defence related), perhaps he thought a firepower demo was in order?