Gulf War One Veterans Associations?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ventress, Apr 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Having looked into joining a GW1 Assoc, the only ones I can find are set for those with a Gulf War Syndrome Illness, which fortunately I don't have.

Is there just a Gulf Medal Assoc similar to the South Atlantic Medal Assoc or Burma Star Assoc?- Some where were reunions are set up etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. i can see it coming now . :)  Gulf War associations starting out , then splitting into GW1 and GW2 groups (splitters !)  :p
  3. Then it'll be the 'Judian Peoples Popular Front Gulf War Veterans Association' ;D
  4. Reunions ...Pull up a sand bag and enjoy Dog's tongues,  Wren's livers, Chaffinch brains. Jaguar's earlobes, Dromedary prezels, Tuscany fried bats. Wolfs Nipple Chips and other Imperial titbits.

Sorry-  back to the Monty Python thread.........................
  5. All joking apart its not a bad idea. I'm in the same position I.e. served in GW1 but don't have GWS
  6. Meanwhile in 2003 those guys were still alive.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jarrod:
    Just got on here tonight. I didn't note the join date of the guys who posted. If they have passed on I'm sorry to hear it. Still think such an Association is a good idea though.
  8. Ive seen a few thread resurrections recently, 10 years 3 months must be a record ;-)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)