Guiness Book of Records

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Surrey_Trog, Sep 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bloody hell. No I wouldn't! My thumb's would meet!
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I believe I was the first person to have ever astrogated a CVR(T) - unless somebody else knows better.

Hohne Ranges one Sunday night in 1982. We couldn't fire on Sunday, but we could exercise on the ranges, and being well away from the public, we could do things we never normally got to try because we spent so much time on or crossing public roads.

It was decided we'd do a tactical running replen on radio silence and in NBC red.

We found Eskimo Ness (the SQMS) at the junction at the centre of the range and replenned. I got my driver to move the Sultan out of the replen area, then we sorted ourselves out and set off for the firing point where the sabre troops would be turning live rounds into empty cases once the sun came up.

As it happened, our route out was within about a degree of grid north. There was no moon and the stars were bright. I got down on the engine decks and pointed out Polaris to my driver, showed him the perspective V where the trees on either side of the track led to the horizon, and instructed him to "Follow that star."

3. Did you, per chance, happen upon 3 wise men and a virgin?
  4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

We are talking 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars here.

What do you think?
  5. I used to know a Captain in 6 Supply who used to be an adjudicator, he said it was cringeworthy as for every genuine record attempt he would see he would have to endure hundreds if not thousands of people making arrses of themselves.