Guilt Olympics Opening Show, Anyone?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I won't be watching it anyway so I will wait the considered views of ARRSERs.

I have been expecting an almighty cringe-a-thon since watching that load of tosh at the end of the last games.

Is it me or does he look a bit "speshul"?

Edited to add that I have never watched any of his films as I understand they are shite.

Rodney2q

That slumdog film was actually surprisingly good. Wouldn't surprise me if we went down the route of colonial guilt, though. The Canadian games were sickeningly apologetic.

Another Luvvie fest protected by and paid for by those they disdain.

"…Boyle was born on 20 October 1956 in Radcliffe, Lancashire, (now in the modern day metropolitan borough of Bury, Greater Manchester)[2] into a working-class Irish Catholic family. His mother was from Ballinasloe in County Galway, and his father was born in England to an Irish family.[3]…"

Explains everything.

In the good old days we'd have just executed some captured prisoners to get the mood going.

Bit hard to decipher the article as it reads like shite but $126 million to possibly highlight colonial guilt? Jesus wept...

I enjoyed 28 Days Later & Sunshine though, perhaps he should stick to films...

A very good friend (of Maori background & one hell of a singer) is in one of the choirs & so I expect we'll be watching!

If it's colonial guilt there doing I'll be gravely disappointed if he's not squeezed the Potato famine in.

Well well. Who would have thought it?

"The guiltolympics are a perfect example of how British elites — the BBC, the schools and colleges, even the film industry (which is awash in subsidies from the lottery) — shamelessly take money from ordinary Britons and use it to disparage them, their values, their sense of history and their national pride. Three generations of this have left the UK a cowering, cringing place, uncertain of its future and defensive about its past. "

Id suggest that you watch "Trainspotting" - bloomin' good film with Robert Carlyle stealing the show.
I've seen that (well part of it). Didn't know he made it. Thought it was shite. Sorry.

Rodney2q

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A very good friend (of Maori background & one hell of a singer) is in one of the choirs & so I expect we'll be watching!
There will be soldiers performing at the so called games but I will not use that as an excuse to watch a festival of greed for status and profit, dedicated to ensuring there is not a complete lasting legacy to sport.

I did - a squalid tale of vile and squalid people. The chap hurling himself down the filthy lavatory to retrieve his drugs was the ideal metaphor for crossing the Forth Bridge Northwards.
Just a small edit :wink: