Guilt Olympics Opening Show, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I won't be watching it anyway so I will wait the considered views of ARRSERs.
  2. I have been expecting an almighty cringe-a-thon since watching that load of tosh at the end of the last games.
  3. [​IMG]

Is it me or does he look a bit "speshul"?

Edited to add that I have never watched any of his films as I understand they are shite.

4. That slumdog film was actually surprisingly good. Wouldn't surprise me if we went down the route of colonial guilt, though. The Canadian games were sickeningly apologetic.
  5. Another Luvvie fest protected by and paid for by those they disdain.
  6. "…Boyle was born on 20 October 1956 in Radcliffe, Lancashire, (now in the modern day metropolitan borough of Bury, Greater Manchester)[2] into a working-class Irish Catholic family. His mother was from Ballinasloe in County Galway, and his father was born in England to an Irish family.[3]…"

Explains everything.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. In the good old days we'd have just executed some captured prisoners to get the mood going.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Id suggest that you watch "Trainspotting" - bloomin' good film with Robert Carlyle stealing the show.
  9. Bit hard to decipher the article as it reads like shite but $126 million to possibly highlight colonial guilt? Jesus wept...

I enjoyed 28 Days Later & Sunshine though, perhaps he should stick to films...
  10. A very good friend (of Maori background & one hell of a singer) is in one of the choirs & so I expect we'll be watching!
  11. Sunshine lost it completely in the last quarter. Shallow Grave, now there's a film about nasty Scottish people.
  12. If it's colonial guilt there doing I'll be gravely disappointed if he's not squeezed the Potato famine in.
  13. I did - a squalid tale of vile and squalid people. The chap hurling himself down the filthy lavatory to retrieve his drugs was the ideal metaphor for the entire experience of watching it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bit like at the Amritsar Pony Show, now those were the days!