Guilfest 2009

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by buttonsin3s, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right fellow ARRSERs off to Guildford at the weekend to see some bands. On Friday i shall be watching Motorhead and The Stranglers (among others).

On the Saturday I am looking forward to seeing the legend that is Brian Wilson, but also The Charlatens, Athlete, Top Loader, The Lightning Seeds and Eddie Reader (think twiglet from Fairground Attraction).
    On Sunday i will be mostly watching The Happy Mondays, Wailers (without Bob M), The Beat & Skaville UK. I will give Will Young and Goldie Lookin' Chain a miss though.

Any other ARRSERs going? Mr PH badge will be worn, see you at the Brothers Pear Cider Tent or the comedy tent.
  2. You mean Wailers without Bob M, Peter Tosh, Junior Braithwaite and Constantine Walker? That only leaves Bunny Wailer! ;)

Enjoy it though, sounds a great weekend.
  3. Wasn't sure about the great Pete Tosh, but yes, the wailers without the, erm wailers, really. DOH.
  4. Unfortunately Pete was murdered in '87, back in Jamaica
  5. Check out Magic 8-Ball if you see them playing, an old college acquantainces' band, d@mn good rock n roll!
  6. Cheers friend, will give them a look over.
  7. Local radio said Will Young would be there, that was enough to put me off.
  8. Yeah, good old will is headlining on stage 2 (ents) stage.. fun and games.

9. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

That sounds like quite a good gig actually. How much did it set you back?

Regarding GLC, I'd actually recommend them. Ignore the fact that they appear to be a bunch of semi-literate sheep-shagging stoners doing dodgy rap; they're a bloody good comedy act with some surprisingly clever lyrics. They'll never win a Mercury, but I doubt they care. People who take them too seriously (like a lad I used to know who despised them and accused them of dragging a perfectly good genre down :roll: ) completely miss their point.

I've seen them live three times now, and they still make me laugh.