Guidance for newbies to the ACF forum

It doesn't really matter what his rank is. If he's ACF, why is he ordering anyone from another unit about whether thats ACF/TA/Reg. Noone from my unit has any need or intention of getting invoulved with the REME Bn who share our tank park!

Seccondly, why is he hanging about the TA centre when the TA are parading?

Sounds like a tube who needs a senior/officer to show him the error of his ways, if polite does not work a simple '**** off looser' should.

3-plus years on from the last post, I'm sure that helps.

Ello flowers, love the rotating pineapple comment when you screw up....

After being driven nuts at work, my missus suggested I did some volunteer work but what to do?

I had been thinking about the ACF for a while (I am a very exe reg, AAC and RA) and am a very keen shooter of CSR and a bit of Hysterical with me old No4, and as the organisation I work for never seem to learn anything from their screw ups, and I am too old and knackered (but still fit enough and working on it for a KOS) to go in the TA, I thought.....I know, terrorise the cadets.

So I applied, got interviewed, it all seems to be going OK. Picked up an L98 last night for the first time since 94 (Obviously they were 85A1s then...IIRC...sheet and I used to teach folk to use the things!!), I remembered a lot of it but to be fair I think its best to be "Re-Taught"......It felt really bloody odd after my nice little BAR15....its like having a guitar under your arm!!

If I am honest, it was an odd choice for me as I was not keen on teenagers, but there are teenagers and teenagers as I am rapidly realising.

Oddly, the main part of my motivation was not shooting but driven by seeing various youth groups doing expeditions in the New Forest. I have lost count of the number (not cadets to be fair) who cannot pack bergans, leave the slower/smaller kids behind, and cant read maps.....I would like to help them get the buzz of getting there on time, achieving what they thought they couldn't, nailing that 10 wash, and being able to stand up and tell the world to take cover...we will see.

Hello anyway (I am maggot really but it was used already. Hence miffed of Blackfield!!!)

Evening gents, just started at my local ACF, and have been asked to do a session on maintaining your kit. Quick pointer, can they iron their uniforms, mentioned it to someone and they suggested that the uniforms are not to be ironed??

Yep, cadets can iron their kit, clean their boots, change their socks, brush their teeth, have a wash and everything you would hope a teenager could do. [Except for anything sexual which is taboo and off limits.]
As shirt sleeve order is about to commence you should concentrate on getting the shirt neat.
If you are super keen you can extend it to drying and brushing their webbing, cleaning their mess tins & KFS, cleaning out the water bottle and mug plus any thing else you can think of.
Special mention of sleeping bags please. Turn them inside out, shake and hang up for an airing and only store them dry.

Evening gents, just started at my local ACF, and have been asked to do a session on maintaining your kit. Quick pointer, can they iron their uniforms, mentioned it to someone and they suggested that the uniforms are not to be ironed??

If this is the current edition then cadet uniforms can be ironed

https://armycadets.com/county_uploa...30417_Army_Dress_Regulations_Pt8_(Cadets).pdf

But considering parts of the Army have problems with dress codes (In, out, up, down, flat, creases, shirts/jackets etc) then the cadets don't have much of a chance

Just out of curiosity. Will ironing ruin any waterproof on a smock/jacket.
I'm all for ironing the hell out of a shirt but what's the score on jackets please?
No, not really, if anything so long as you don't kick the arse out of it ironing can revitalise the showerproofing.