Guess who gets my vote next election? Pay rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Olympius, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please note the uses of could and should in the statement so it is wind from Westminster again
  2. So a combined affect in the context of the coming elections would be rather negative for the LibDems.

Also many if not a vast majority of soldiers voted and will vote for the Tories anyway. Thus this statement is pointless.
  3. If you vote Liberal Demoprats you may as well vote Liebour as it's a wasted vote and only helps them stay in power.
  4. The Liberal Democrats - the party of treehuggers and gayness
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The party of sven, enough said.
  6. Clegg should check the facts before making statements such as "there are 2 desk based people for every serving soldier". Maybe this has something to do with previous governments getting rid of service personel to save money and civilianise their posts.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

That and the civil service expanding exponentially to generate government non jobs. They're all as bad as each other.
  8. '1 in 2' - one of those powerful stats that ultimately mean nothing unless you qualify what groups are being counted and how...

I don't normally jump to the defence of the MOD, but how many of the 'desk jockeys' are actually doing defence research? I doubt all of them are just paper shufflers.

Anyway, one 'good' policy by the lib dems isn't enough, I'd trust Dr Cable to get the economy on track but I doubt a LD government would have the willpower to see the necessary reforms through... i'd rather vote Tory, see labour demoted to 3rd party... then i'll take a look at the LD's.
  9. And standing up for the Ghurkas
  10. What will happen to all those comfortable (and very expensive), chairs in the puzzle palace?

Fair play to Nick Clegg he has been very decisive over contentious issues in recent months. (Much more so than call me dave). Shame about his Party's ridiculous position on pensions, show stopper for me. Still too many lefties in the LibDems.
  11. It's immaterial what the LibDems say they would do if they got into power, as they will not get in at the next election, nor the one after, in all liklihood. The only thing they can acheive is floating ideas to allow the only two credible parties to guage public opinion.
  12. So, for all the responsibility of running my Bedding Store, I would only earn £3k pa more than Pte Snodgrass who has only just left training?

If that happened, I would hand in my stripe because the responsibility wouldn't be worth the aggro!

Think again, Mr Clegg!

13. Not so sure. There is no way Labour can win the next election, Tories will win the popular vote, but they need to achieve a massive result to get a working majority. In the event of a hung parliament can't see the Tories power sharing with Labour. Could still see LibDems in ministerial positions. Let's face it, a Tory vote for many people will be one given through gritted teeth partly because Cameron refuses to tell us what he actually stands for.

14. IF Camoron had a clue, the first thing he'd do if he wins would be to pass a Bill giving us a single transferable vote type system here in the UK and make Liebour a footnote in political history.