Guess what showed up in the mail?

...yep. Just opened it.

I didn't want to admit it, but now I am a certified dole sponger. Not that I have applied for (the dole part) it.

I went to the whole citizenship ceremony earlier this month, which was an interesting experience, and where they got my fucking name wrong on it. Natch. Not that it was that hard to spell. Especially when I had to spell it out in B-O-L-D a zillion times on the application form. Still have the pic of me we with pic of queen in the background, accepting the wrongly spelled certificate. Was all very British and very Monty Python. Couldn't make it up. Any whooo, they re-sent me a corrected document, which I got two days ago, but only just managed to open my mail, which usually just goes straight to the bin. "Merry" Xmas?

Brit_Nat_Cert.jpg

Don't know what to make of it. Very weird. I guess I am a citizen (also) of this other special relationship country across the "pond." Kill me. I hate that all of you for talking me into this mess.

p.s: guess, they couldn't reprint the exact date they had to re-issue the cert, as it was written in hand.

...yep. Just opened it.

I didn't want to admit it, but now I am a certified dole sponger. Not that I have applied for (the dole part) it.

I went to the whole citizenship ceremony earlier this month, which was an interesting experience, and where they got my ******* name wrong on it. Natch. Not that it was that hard to spell. Especially when I had to spell it out in B-O-L-D a zillion times on the application form. Still have the pic of me we with pic of queen in the background, accepting the wrongly spelled certificate. Was all very British and very Monty Python. Couldn't make it up. Any whooo, they re-sent me a corrected document, which I got two days ago, but only just managed to open my mail, which usually just goes straight to the bin. "Merry" Xmas?

View attachment 368074

Don't know what to make of it. Very weird. I guess I am a citizen (also) of this other special relationship country across the "pond." Kill me. I hate that all of you for talking me into this mess.

p.s: guess, they couldn't reprint the exact date they had to re-issue the cert, as it was written in hand.
Congratulations, I think.

...yep. Just opened it.

I went to the whole citizenship ceremony earlier this month, which was an interesting experience, and where they got my ******* name wrong on it. Natch. Not that it was that hard to spell. Especially when I had to spell it out in B-O-L-D a zillion times on the application form. Still have the pic of me we with pic of queen in the background, accepting the wrongly spelled certificate. Was all very British and very Monty Python. Couldn't make it up. Any whooo, they re-sent me a corrected document, which I got two days ago, but only just managed to open my mail, which usually just goes straight to the bin. "Merry" Xmas?

View attachment 368074

As soon as they find out you're unemployed, they'll take it back.

endure

GCM
You're now entitled to wear the full Brit uniform in public...

brit.jpg

wheel

LE
What twat allowed you to enter our hallowed society you permasending Yank twat. Just promise to stay in Londistan

P.S Get the beers in. ;)

Welcome to the UK. Do not pass go, Do not collect £200. You will now have to learn to queue, talk about the weather and drive on the right side of the road.
Please take time to learn the rules of Cricket as well.

Welcome to the UK. Do not pass go, Do not collect £200. You will now have to learn to queue, talk about the weather and drive on the right side of the road.
Can do all of that (mostly do), minus cricket. Which, despite my best efforts, and even my dad's efforts (who likes it, as his dad was an Aussie) remains a mystery to me.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Welcome to the UK. Do not pass go, Do not collect £200. You will now have to learn to queue, talk about the weather and drive on the correct side of the road.
Gratis

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Eldest Miss F used to work in a Chinese takeaway, a fair few of them became citizens.

Used to get asked questions similar to the ones on the citizen test. Failed every time!

Latest Threads