Guess what a JPA Question .... AGAIN !!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Me!_Amph!!, May 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The duty rumour around camp lately is that JPA will be paying us 4 weekly!!!

Is this true?

Thought we were salary paid!

2. My understanding is that:

The daily rate is multiplied by 365.25 which is one normal year plus 0.25 for each leap year.

That sum is then divided by 12 and is paid per calendar month - as close to the last day of the month as is possible!

And I have checked my payslip and that was the way it went (with some help!).

Litotes

3. Correct Litotes, so you won't be any shorter in Feb like normally..(thats not the reason though obviously)

4. Yes, we now get paid the same each and every month-which is about bloody time if you ask me!

5. Ta very much Litotes.

6. But not the same amount in the bank every month, as all charges and allowances are still done on a daily basis.

So you will still be short in February if you get loads of allowances !!

8. Yes but you pay less food/accn charges or MQ charges - i'll get my coat :roll:[/quote]

Speaking of that does anyone know if JPA refund your Food and Accom charges if you whack in a leave pass for every weekend, as I am sure a lot of us do the Friday run home til Mon morning sketch.

9. It used to be a refund for leave over 48 hrs in the olden days, I can see no reason why that will have changed - but you never know :D

10. Speaking of that does anyone know if JPA refund your Food and Accom charges if you whack in a leave pass for every weekend, as I am sure a lot of us do the Friday run home til Mon morning sketch.[/quote]

On that note then, does it recognize weekends? Or will you lose 2 days if you do the weekend run home?

11. It's never going to refund Accom charges for a weekend as you still occupy that accomodation.

As for food charges, i believe not as the DMR takes into account the percentage of people who don't eat every meal (if that makes sense). And when everything is pay as you starve, it's not going to matter.

However i'm sure some pay or egg op gnu will post the correct info.

12. A weekend leave pass, AD Friday to FP Monday does not exceed the 48hrs required to cancel food charges. I had the same argument with my RAO who did produce the necessary rules, which I can't find at the moment.

However with PAYD that problem is removed.

13. bollocks am with a crab unit at mo so that means I am away every weekend (good thing ) but still paying for scoff I dont go near. They not on pay as you starve and not going to be for ages .......... hmmm if some guru can help I would be grateful otherwise it is back to the JPA line and the sorry we are really busy give us two weeks. I'll give them two weeks before I get the shotgun out and .............. no better not say .

14. It was on our station orders a while back that as of 01 Apr 08 we will be able to claim weekend food back, I also seem to remember that the 30 day free food for pads/unaccopanied on course or detatchment will go very soon, as will the unnacomanied food rate - all food rate will be the same for everyone no matter what status they are.

15. Food charges started form day 1 for livers out on detached duty eating in service facilities, except in Pay as you Starve Units.