Gucci mobilisation option here...

#2
This is one of those jobs it would be easy to just phone up those who are qualified to do it surely .Not me unfortnatly :( .
 
#3
That spreadsheet is an INT goldmine - for the opposition :roll:

The KGB would have had kittens if they'd got hold of that sort of data during the Cold War.
 
#4
EX_STAB said:
That spreadsheet is an INT goldmine - for the opposition :roll:
How so?
 
#5
msr said:
EX_STAB said:
That spreadsheet is an INT goldmine - for the opposition :roll:
How so?
Comprehensive list of units, details of personnel shortages, locations of specialist sub units etc.

If I was in a TALIBANISTANI cell in UK it tells me exactly where to look for someone of probably the same ethnic background who is working in a Signals Electronic Warfare role. Can't be that many Pashtu/Urdu speakers with short hair cuts in Brawdy can there? Honeytrap anyone?

If you think this post needs editing for security I'd suggest the site in question does too.
 
#6
EX_STAB said:
msr said:
EX_STAB said:
That spreadsheet is an INT goldmine - for the opposition :roll:
How so?
Comprehensive list of units, details of personnel shortages, locations of specialist sub units etc.

If I was in a TALIBANISTANI cell in UK it tells me exactly where to look for someone of probably the same ethnic background who is working in a Signals Electronic Warfare role. Can't be that many Pashtu/Urdu speakers with short hair cuts in Brawdy can there? Honeytrap anyone?

If you think this post needs editing for security I'd suggest the site in question does too.
If they have to look in a spreadsheet for that sort of info, I am sure it would not be posted on the internet.

'British Army chronically sort of storemen' and 'British Army requires linguists with language skill of countries we are currently fighting in' is hardly a major int coup for our enemies.

Personally I think it is a step in the right direction, we should have more info available on the internet / armynet.

msr
 
#7
I think armynet is perhaps a more appropriate place for it. I agree with making available posts known to those who may be interested but I think that it gives the opposition some easy pickings if they organised themselves sufficiently to use them.
 
#8
EX_STAB said:
I think armynet is perhaps a more appropriate place for it. I agree with making available posts known to those who may be interested but I think that it gives the opposition some easy pickings if they organised themselves sufficiently to use them.
We can hardly organise ourselves sufficiently...
 
F

fozzy

Guest
#9
Mr Happy said:
On the army's "what we need now" site:
http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/career/mcmdivs/ta/raol_trial_list.htm

0270407 FTRS (FC) Salisbury RA BDR BDR 32 Regt RA Tactical UAV OP & Sec Commander ASAP 24 Mths OPEN

How cool would that be... bombing Osama from 20,000 feet whilst sitting in the US earning gongs..
With a fast internet connection, remote VPN access, etc you could work from Home. Sitting with the laptop in the garden, whilst contolling a UAV over the Stan - its the way ahead....

Ah, my coat, now kind - is that my taxi?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads