Gucci bits of kit!!

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by mac7778, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok then..................

Whats the one bit of kit that you never go on exercise without?? :?:

The one bit of kit that makes the coldest, wetest, most miserable day in your shell scrape just that little bit more bareable?? :?:
  2. Aladdin flask/cup. Dont leave home without one.
  3. It used to be a tin opener - having experienced a batch of the old canned rat packs that were missing them.
  4. in this day and age i try not to go in the field but if i do its definately a softee and a mobile phone
  5. And the numbers of the local take-aways that do deliveries. ;)
  6. Apparently there is one in Sennelager that will deliver to a grid ref. No, I don't know the number.
  7. It used to be a Herfe Handbag
  8. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Bottle of baileys
  9. What ever newist gizziset I have brought normally loosing or breaking it
    distracts me rom the misery .Number of times I have cut myself with new knives or burned myself with stoves (leaning over a peak stove with a cammed helmet was impressive thank fcuk it was before u tube :D ) lighters etc makes me think I have some sort of exspensive self harming
    syndrome ? Or maybe I am just a clumsy fckwit ?
  10. G1098 truck + Sqn Master Chef.

Never leave home without it.

Edited to add; Oh - this is the infantry forum, I'm so sorry.

Um, then it has to be a sharpened spoon or bag for my poo or something.
  11. Yes on both counts.
  12. jet boil, softie bag and as engr172 said- baileys!
  13. Aladdin mug.

You may talk of the rapture of religious revelation; you may wax enthusiastic about fine wines and foods to whet the most jaded palate; you may even extol the virtues of rare narcotics or deviant sexual congress.

Nothing compares to the delights of a hot brew straight after a piiss-wet stag, courtesy of a switched on oppo and a standardised packing arrangement. Except (perhaps) putting on a dry pair of socks.
  14. Memories, had to have plenty of yellow handbags for when we would throw a track on Abbotts or M109's. Then the theiving nutstanglers would rip us of for 2 - 3 cases before offering any help.

Dry exercises my arrse.